• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DBT460 change to all regions

cvf1810

Novice Member
Hi I have a panasonic Blu ray player dbt460. Bought from US but to be used in Europe. I’m trying to change the region to all regions but can’t seem to find from where. The general hack is to go to info button on remote but the remote doesn’t have an info button. Any one can help please? Thanks

speedfox

Novice Member
If you're trying to set it to all regions for playing *DVDs* this might work:

This solution basically involves you building a remote control to send the commands to the DVD player to make it multi region. Look up how to program an Arduino first and then upload one of the versions of the program they are discussing in that thread onto an Arduino and use that to change the region.

This probably won't have any affect on your player's ability to play blu-rays from different regions.

Last edited:

speedfox

Novice Member
Ah, just noted that these remotes only work on players bought in Europe to make them play American disks, but not the other way around. Probably best to look for an American site that sells an equivalent.

Last edited:

speedfox

Novice Member
That being said, that might just be the owner of the website being over cautious. for £10 it might be worth a shot. In fact, since this is a modern Blu-ray player that connects via HDMI I think this will have a pretty good chance or working.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom