Panasonic cx800 vs dx750

mgj7

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I ask you an advice since I trust your reviews and I know you're really TV gurus.

I always loved my panasonic plasma kind of picture (cinematic) but now It retired and I want to switch to an UltraHD set.

I read lovely reviews on the Pana CX800 (mark hodgkinson too) where the reviewer says it has a sort of natural plasma pictures (at least as much as possibile for an LCD display), very cinematic.

How does it compare to the new DX750? Dx should be an upgrade over CX, and the DX750 is a newer model too, but the 800 is a higher model than the 750.

What's best i picture quality?

I really need an help from you guys.

Thanks a lot in advance

m.

I would say the cx800 is better, especially with the new HDR update being released.

Why? Predominantly it has local dimming zones which creates a better picture overall. This is especially good if you're a previous plasma user used to great black's because this tech allows LCD TVs to reach better black levels.

Agree, but to get local dimming you've got to go bigger than 50 inches. At 50 it's edge lit

Around 500 nits which isn't too different to what the comparable 2016 Panasonic TVs.

The dimming isn't great with so few zones but it's certainly better than edge lit.

Do you know the kind of natural plasma look i like.... I ad another contender Sony xd85.... It will be a 55 against The cx800 thai will be a 50. Same price. Thanks agian, you arte The best

Yes I know the look you mean, the problem is you probably won't get it from any LCD until you go really high end and have lots of dimmable zones. You just can't get that look for a decent price now.

And for that price anyway you may as well look at an OLED tv.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to go for an old LG 910v refurb if you need it to be similar to a plasma set in terms of look and feel.

Dodge, you're a friend!
What about Sony55xd930 (v. Panny 50cx802).
I'm also in doubt if going from 42 to 50 is really an upgrade or do i need to go 55? (3m viewing distance)

The XD93 is a good TV but it's biggest complaint is the dimming, or lack of. I think it does outperform the cx802 though. Especially with HDR.

As far as I know it's the best of the edge lit TVs for contrast but it's significantly more expensive.

As for size, I'd go for the biggest TV you can fit and then get the quality your can for the money vs size. 3m is a long way so 65 inch is best if you can fit it.

It does mean you have to probably settle for a cheaper model but the size is usually worth it unless there's a big difference between prices of 55 vs 65 for example.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom