1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic customer care - or lack of it.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nickc, Aug 3, 2004.

1. nickc

nickc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My PW6 plasma began exhibiting a strange fault after I fitted a component board to it waaaay back in May, my original thread is here:-

http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/member.php?u=16580

I thought you guys might like an update.

My Plasma has been with Barron McCann/Panasonic a total of nearly 7 weeks.

B McCann had it for 2 weeks (I had a loan unit) said they had fixed it, but they hadn't. :suicide:

After several phonecalls, Panasonic agreed to look at it themselves, this time it was away for nearly 5 weeks! (no loan unit avail.
    :( )

After chasing them we were told it did indeed have a fault and a replacement part was ordered.

Last thursday it was delivered back to me. The B McCann guys put it back on the wall etc. About an hour later we noticed it wasn't hanging flush to the wall at the bottom. We took it back down and to our dismay found the back left side of the backpanel had been crushed in and there was a large scrach.

2 of the 4 washers/spacers on the main screws were missing and when the wall bracket plates had been attached and tightend it had crushed the back panel. :censored:

The next day was filled with many phonecalls, B McCann have had to order a new backpanel and spacers. In the meantime I demanded that Panasonic loan me a desktop stand so that I can at least use the screen, this was couried to me that day. :devil:

The whole thing has been a saga of biblical proportions, I have disovered that most Panasonic staff are generally rude and they NEVER phoneback/ phone when promised. :thumbsdow

The only good part of the experience has been AV-Sales, they have helped me contact/chase up Panasonic numerous times. A big thanks to Alastair, Ian and Angeline. I cannot rate them highly enough - great customer care.
    :clap: :thumbsup:

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Nick,

Totally agree with you mate, I've had to deal with Panny customer support for the last 3 weeks or so and I have to say they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. :thumbsdow I just hope my latest pride and joy doesn't go wrong because I don't relish the idea of having to deal with them again anytime soon. :suicide:

S.

3. Dulux

Dulux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,
    What are you doing using a PS2 for your DVD??? Get yourself a progressive player and watch the Viera really come to life!!!

4. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    I called Panasonic today and a technical guy called me back within the hour.

5. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Way ahead of you mate ;) Keeping my beady eye on the DMR-E95. Can't buy all my kit in one go though :blush: much as I would like to.

S.

6. Dulux

Dulux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Iv'e just purchased the E85, what's the difference between the two then?

7. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    The E95 is the replacement for the E100 and has Secure Digital memory card slot and PCMCIA slot and a 160GB HDD. I think the E85 has a 80GB HDD.

Panasonic DMR-E85
    Panasonic DMR-E95

:oops: And apologies to Nick for taking your thread waaaaaaay :offtopic:

S.