1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic connection problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Angus, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Angus

Angus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I have just bought an (ex demo) panasonic dmr-e50 and am having some connection problems.
    I have a fairly old Bush tv (2571NTX) with only one scart and am also trying to connect it with a Sony freeview box (VTX-D8000).
    At the moment I have scarts between the freeview and dvdr, and a scart from each into a multiple scart adaptor going into the tv. I have the aerial going into the freeview box, then the dvdr and finally the tv.
    Unfortunately can't get a picture if freeview is turned on- otherwise it is ok.
    I'm a bit of a technophobe- any help, suggestions much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Angus

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if freeview wont pass signal in stanby that is very odd. Also for recording connect FV to Input on DVDR for better quality recirding.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Just to expand upon what Hornydragon has said, I suggest you change your setup slightly. Ensure you use the TV Out Scart of the Sony to connect to AV2 on the Panasonic E60. Then hook AV1 on the E60 to the TV Scart. Ensure the Sony is set to 'RGB' Menu/Settings/Picture (from memory) and ditto for AV1 and AV2 on the E60 (Functions/Setup/Connection).

4. Angus

Angus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys, I'll see if that sorts it out.