panasonic camcorder and camera wont read same sd card

The Foot

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a Panasonic tm60 camcorder and on holiday recently I filmed on a 16gb SDHC card. I have successfully viewed the videos on my TV via hdmi lead and saved the movies onto my PC and viewed them. The files say they are AVCHD. However I have just acquired a Panasonic FZ100 bridge camera and when I put the card in the camera it says it cannot play the videos that are already on there from my camcorder. So I shot a short film on the camera and then put my SD card back in the camcorder and I was able to view this but it seems not the other way. Any ideas as to why this would be please?

Thanks
Martin

It is often the case that it is not possible to play back files on a camera/camcorder that were recorded on a different one, and it is possible to corrupt data by swapping cards, so best just to keep them separate.

Agree Emerton, OP should Format the card for use on one device.
My way of doing this is to paint numbers on the cards - so Red is for camera 2 (red=2) and whilst Brown would be for ( 1), the earlier Digital camera, it takes low-capacity cards so there is no conflict.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom