Question Panasonic BWT850 subtitle recordings problem?.

volvofan

Novice Member
Hi,I can record and replay from the recorders internal hdd onto BD-RE discs with subtitles without any problem when replayed on this recorder,I then play them on a DMP BDT280.The video and audio are fine,I can't get subtitles to display.Have read both manuals and no help unless Im being thick.Can anybody help or advise how to resolve this?.If it helps the recordings are from the internal freeviewHD tuners,in DR mode.Most likely a simple setting I missed somewhere,has anyone got this working?.Thanks for any help.

Gavtech

Administrator
I think the answer will simply be that the DMP BDT280 does not support subtitles.

( I don't know that it does not - It is just that there is no button on the remote for it and there is no mention of subtitles anywhere in the rather limited manual for the '280).

volvofan

Novice Member
Thanks,I tried using the remote from the recorder to operate the player,works but not the subtitle button.Im getting increasingly hard of hearing so subtitles are becoming more important.I used a commercial dvd and a blu ray both containing subtitles both worked on the player.The manual on the Panasonic UK website is terse to say the least,found a more informative one on the global website,like many things nowadays you need to go through menus and options on screen to select preferences.I thought probably stupidly that I could take a DR recording and play it with subtitles on the 280,maybe yet another Panasonic Blu Ray recorder foible,will continue tinkering when time allows.Thanks again.

Gavtech

Administrator
You could try doing a conversion from DR and burn into a different mode... at which point there should be an option to include Subtitles.

That should work - but they will be 'hard burned' into the presentation. i.e. It will not be possible to switch them off.

volvofan

Novice Member
That worked,no idea why it didn't occur to try that.I can't see any difference between DR and HG so will set recordings to convert during standby then high speed copy in batches,permanent subtitles are not a problem.Again your help is much appreciated,thanks.

Top Bottom