Panasonic BWT740 Blu Ray Recorder : Timer Recordings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Cooksley, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi there

I recently managed to get hold of a brand new Panasonic BWT740 Blu Ray recorder to replace my Panasonic XW380.

Great machine, but just wanted to ask a quick question re: timer recordings. I've noticed that when I preset a recording (usually via the remote recording app on my phone) the recording will come on at precisely the correct broadcast time and switch off exactly at the programme end time. For some reason, it doesn't seem to pick up the broadcasts "flag" which will only turn the recording on a few seconds before it starts (on BBC1 freeview for example, during the ident) and turn off the recording after the programme has finished. (This is how it works on my XW380).

A couple of times I've noticed a programme hasn't quite exactly stuck to its official start and finish times and therefore the recording can either chop off a tiny bit of the beginning or even worse, if something is late starting by a few minutes, miss the end...

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I know not all channels broadcast this "marker" but I am talking about BBC1 SD freeview as an example which my previous XW380 always picked up the start marker.....

I would re-iterate again that I am setting recordings via the Panasonic remote recording app on my phone, so don't know if this makes a difference?

Any help really appreciated....

2. robert.hunter

robert.hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I often use this machine for recording BBC radio programmes. However, recently I have found inaccuracies in the programme guide. The most common problem is that series recordings don't record properly or a programme that is one of a series does not have a series record option. Can anyone kindly advise who I should contact about the accuracy of the programme guide?