• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic BTT480 - Freezing

ScottBaxter

Standard Member
Hey Guys,

I've just got a BTT490 player which is really really good, I'm just having a little problem with it freezing when playing MKV over the network.

I first tried to play them via DNLA but unfortunately DNLA doesn't support the MKV container.

The BTT490 comes with a network disk setting which can connect to a shared folder on a computer.

I have a FreeNAS system that works really well and contains all my movies.

The issue I'm having is when it's playing a moving over the share it just freezes at around the 11 - 30 second mark, you can tell when it's going to happen because the display just stops counting but the movies plays for a few seconds longer.

I first thought it was buffering the content but when I've looked at the network traffic there isn't anything be received or transferred from the FreeNAS drive.

I've done a factory reset on the unit and it hasn't helped.

Can anyone shed any light on this or has anyone else had this problem?

Scott.

** Wrong title name **

Last edited:

ScottBaxter

Standard Member
Hey Guys,

I've managed to get this working.

I've had to uninstall the FreeNAS software and installed windows XP and created a share from there.

Everything run's smoothly now!

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom