Panasonic bt720 does not shut down

starfry

Novice Member
I have a Panasonic bt720 that works fine with one exception - it does not shut down properly. What happens is it goes off but the LCD keeps scrolling "please wait". I have tried the usual IT support solution of power-cycling it but it made no difference. Apart from this one issue,the device works fine. So, it is a minor niggle rather than a serious problem but I would nonetheless like to resolve it if I can.

Google has not been my friend on this occasion. Any suggestions anyone?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You state the unit does go off...it could be a Tv-generated on-screen graphic just waiting for an HDMI handshake...does your Tv have any other HDMI inputs you can try or do you have any other equipment with HDMI that you can try in the same input?

Gavtech

Administrator
It may just be a case of waiting long enough - The 'Please wait' shutdown procedure can take (ridiculously) several minutes.

starfry

Novice Member
It may just be a case of waiting long enough - The 'Please wait' shutdown procedure can take (ridiculously) several minutes.
Thanks. I have done yet another hard power cycle with a several hour wait and it appears to have cleared it up.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom