Panasonic Broke Advice please

S

sean

HI, my panasonic TX32 has started displaying the following symptoms:

Switch on TV wait about 20 seconds as the screen goes gradually more and more pale, a few red lines appear then 'ping' off it goes. Switch back on straight away and it is fine then same again. This will happen between 2 - 6 times before it settles down. Now before I take it to get repaired and get ripped off I want to be armed with a little knowledge.

What could it be? Is it worth repairing or replacing the TV? It is only 3 years old. I bought Panasonic because my last one went brilliantly for years and years. Gutted.

thanks for any info

sean

Do you have still have the Panasonic customer support details?
When my txw28r4dp would no longer start, I called them, and they sent their local 3rd party man round.
£30 for his labour and parts the faulty startup transistor thingy was replaced and I was :)

Panasonic Customer support main telephone is 08705-357357. I know this number off the top off my head due to panny problems
:mad:

They can give you a name and number of some local service centres.

My contact with Panasonic isn't as current (nearly 3 yrs ago).
The number then was 01344 862444

Also, I'm sorry to say the Transistor Kit was £30, labour was extra (£50).
Hope that's still inside your budget. :blush:

Thanks guys I'll try both numbers tomorrow. It's lower budget wise than the 3 grand I wanted to spend but the missus wants it repaired :rolleyes: WOMEN!!!!!!! Still the Plasma thing is still a little 'unstable' to say the least....... Maybe if I get it repaired I can wait for LCD to come down......... MAYBE by the time my missus wants a new tv we can watch 3D holograms :laugh:

Thanks guys, I'll let you know if it gets fixed and for how much :eek:

sean

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom