Panasonic BR & HDD recorders.

volvofan

Sounds promising,best way to find out stuff is trial and error,we've all made many.
Maybe when the recordings are on the Panasonic recorder you can name or rename them on that,its a bit laborious but only needs doing once.
Quick googling about the MYPIN suggests it's sometimes sensitive about the cabling being disturbed during capture,might just be a fluke.

numptydumpty

Thanks again for your thoughts volvofan, I will try positioning the unit rock solid, and keeping the dogs (and the wife :D ) away from the cables.

I tried recording another tape yesterday, and this time I got the beginning half of a tape, but no ending, whereas the previous one was the second part, with the beginning missing :eek:

One thing I did notice on this second try (I was keeping a close eye on it this time) was that part way through, the clock in the top corner of the MYPIN screen, that clicks away as the recording progresses, suddenly went nuts (probably about the same time as it stopped recording), and then the clock/counter on the Sony camcorder started doing nutty things as well, I assume influenced by the MYPIN?

They were changing the recorded elapsed time backwards and all sorts (I will try and identify exactly what they were doing if it happens again on my third try).

I will attempt to contact their customer services as well if it happens again, because it's no good at all if it does that.

Cheers, Dave.

numptydumpty

You can't connect USB to the MYPIN. You need an HDMI signal to record. For the cameras that do not have a HDMI output, you need to convert their AV output to HDMI. My posts 63 and 66 show some example convertors, depending on what output is available from the camcorder(s).

Hi John7, sorry I missed your reply earlier, as I explained to volvofan, that mix-up was entirely due to my brain misfiring. It can't have escaped anyone who has read my past posts that my prostate procedure and subsequent mini stroke (TIA) have caused a marked decline in both my short term memory loss and my cognitive functions....as if they had not declined enough already :blush: .

However, I am back trying everything as best I can in using the MYPIN to record and transfer to the Panny HDD/blu-ray recorder. Sadly, odd things are happening which I am fairly certain are not caused by my mental state.

When I follow the scant instructions that come with the MYPIN to the letter, it does record my vids, with perfect picture and sound quality, and I do succeed in transferring the results onto the Panny HDD. The issue now is that the time elapsed counter (or whatever it's really called) on both the Sony HDR-HC3 camcorder and the MYPIN device stop at roughly the same elapsed time during the recording, at about 26/27 minutes into the recording, and reset themselves to zero!!!. It then continues to record, but when you transfer that to the Pannys HDD, it translates the first part before the bizarre break in timings, and the part after that event, as two separate recordings.

It's not a complete 'end of the world' type event, as as soon as the play back stops, you can go back to the recordings list and then play the second half 🤣. However. it is a bit of a faff about and inconvenience :laugh:. It has done this on 3 different tapes, and I have no idea whether it is a fault on the Sony or the MYPIN, but it would be a very strange coincidence if the Sony has failed after many years of faithful service, at precisely the same time as I connected it to the MYPIN??? My next venture is to try things out using my newer Panny camcorder, and see what happens then.

I also intend contacting the MYPIN customer services on Monday, to see what they have to say. It's a (remote) possibility that this is a known issue with an easy fix. 76 years of past experience with my luck would suggest that this will NOT be the case :D. However, I don't give in easily, so we shall see what happens next.

Best regards, Dave.

Last edited:

John7

Hello Dave, I note that others have seemingly had the time issue you have been getting. It’s not ideal but should not prevent you stitching the files together consecutively in the Panny ready for burning to disk. Have you checked whether there are any firmware updates available for the Mypin?

numptydumpty

Hello Dave, I note that others have seemingly had the time issue you have been getting. It’s not ideal but should not prevent you stitching the files together consecutively in the Panny ready for burning to disk. Have you checked whether there are any firmware updates available for the Mypin?

Hi John,

Thanks for that mate. I am reaching the stage where I automatically assume that everything that goes wrong is my brain failing again, so it's refreshing to know that this time it probably isn't :laugh: .

No, I haven't looked for any firmware updates. I will have to do that though, because if others have had the same issues, they may have sent one out, which I guess is what you were thinking. I suppose that if there is one, it will be mentioned somewhere on their site? I will see if I can find anything.

A second point I wanted to ask you John is about the AV to HDMI converters you recommended. The Tendak S video (etc) converter has slightly confused me (now there's a surprise 🤣 ) . The inputs look straight forward enough, plug the S vid in to it, and the L/R pins for the audio. However, the output sockets on bottom right of the unit show the HDMI output, as expected....and a single round socket labelled as 'AUDIO'. Does that mean that that with this bit of kit, the HDMI does not carry audio?

It would be a prob if so, because the Mypin does not have an audio input socket to connect that audio out to :(

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:

numptydumpty

Hmmm, not being a 'good looker', I can't find any firmware updates John. On their site, the only downloads available are for their (very poor, in my opinion) user manuals, which obviously I already have (the download is identical).

I did search everywhere I could, but all I discovered was that despite the fact that the Mypin is made in China (what isn't?), and the manual language being distinctly 'Chinglish' in parts, the sellers are based in the US, New York city to be exact. I checked the two contact phone numbers, and one is indeed in New York city, and the other nearby in New Jersey.

Sadly, I don't have a phone package which includes free/cheap worldwide calls, so I don't fancy a long, and probably unhelpful chat with them! May I ask how you discovered that there have been others reporting the same issues as me John, because you have obviously found a source of information which I missed, and that may have access to firmware updates too?

PS.

I forgot to mention that I did find one firmware update for the MYPIN, which was just for a known fault, which was the volume varying on the recording. I downloaded it on the off chance that it may cure my issue too, but when I tried to open the file, it said an app was required to do so, and that I didn't have that app :rolleyes:. Very helpful :laugh:

Best regards,

Dave.

Last edited:

numptydumpty

Hi guys, does anyone have any thoughts about my issues above? I am fairly sure there is an easy answer to my problems, I dare say they are things you guys with functional brains and buckets of knowledge would not even see as a problem....but I live in a different world, and for me it's an insurmountable block to further progress :( . I really need to get some footage from each of my camcorders recorded onto the Panny HDD, ready for the next stage of assembling it all and putting it on discs.

I know I am a frustrating old fool, and I have probably worn you down with endless questions, but I think I am fairly close to sorting the tiny fragment I need of this scary, work of the devil stuff you peeps play with for fun (scares the crap out of me :blush:)

I know you guys have helped me so much already, and I truly appreciate that, l really do. With your invaluable help, two of the three camcorders are more or less sorted (still some irritating little things to try to get my head round). So, it's just the very 'old hat' stuff on the Hi8 tapes from the older Sony that I need to fix in my head. All my woes and probably pathetic misunderstandings are in the posts above, if you would be so kind as to take a look?

Best regards,

Dave.

numptydumpty

Hi guys and galls, despite being 'Persona non grata' for a while (for reasons I honestly don't understand), I shall now attempt to resurrect this thread, because although I have progressed a lot on my own, I am now in need of more help, if you would be so kind?

I have recorded all 7 of the holidays that were on the newest camcorder, which is in AVCHD (so the easy ones, lol) on to the HDD on the panny blu-ray recorder (DMR-DWT850). They range in recording time between 2.5 hours and just 24 minutes.

Now, I have discovered that the recorder breaks them up into chapters during the transfer from your media to the HDD (based on date recorded as far as I can make out), which is fine, because my next discovery was that if you click on each chapter in turn, and click the yellow button on the remote, followed by clicking on the blue button once you have 'ticked' all you require, it will group them all together, then you simply click on 'record to disc' (blu-ray), and it's job done, simples. Very basic I know, no editing out unwanted bits etc, but it keeps the missus happy.

The problem is, my 25GB BR discs seem to accept about 2 hours of recording time. That's fine, although that means my 2.5 hour holiday required 2 discs. No big deal, but these 25GB discs I have are BD-RE types, and as I said, the rest of the holiday recordings range between 1 hour to one which is just 24 minutes.

Now, as I understand the instructions, when you place a disc into the machine and click record, it automatically formats the disc, and then records whatever you have asked for. So, does that mean I absolutely have to use a separate disc for each recording, down to the wee 24 minute one, i.e, will it write over the first recording if I try to add another? Or, can I somehow get two holidays (of appropriate lengths) onto 1 disc?

Many thanks, Dave.

k-spin

Hi Dave.

Glad you're making some progress :smashin:
The problem is, my 25GB BR discs seem to accept about 2 hours of recording time. That's fine, although that means my 2.5 hour holiday required 2 discs. No big deal, but these 25GB discs I have are BD-RE types, and as I said, the rest of the holiday recordings range between 1 hour to one which is just 24 minutes.

Now, as I understand the instructions, when you place a disc into the machine and click record, it automatically formats the disc, and then records whatever you have asked for. So, does that mean I absolutely have to use a separate disc for each recording, down to the wee 24 minute one, i.e, will it write over the first recording if I try to add another? Or, can I somehow get two holidays (of appropriate lengths) onto 1 disc?

Many thanks, Dave.
I'll start this with a few caveats as a) I have the older Panasonic DMR-BWT735; b) I only ever use BD-R discs, rather than BD-RE; and c) I have never transferred any camcorder recordings.

Having said that, I am sure you should be able to transfer more than 1 recording to a BR-R/BD-RE.

The way I do it with broadcast recordings is as follows:

1) Insert blank BD-R
2) Panasonic machine tells me it needs formatting, which I do
3) Once formatting is complete, I select the HDD using the Drive Select button on the remote control
4) Press "Direct Navigator" to show a list of my HDD contents
5) Use the yellow button on the remote control to select all of the recordings I want to transfer to the BD-R
6) Press the blue button on the remote control and then select the option to copy to disc

If I've got a partially full disc I want to add additional recordings to then I:

1) Insert BD-R
2) Select the HDD using the Drive Select button on the remote control
3) Press "Direct Navigator" to show a list of my HDD contents
4) Use the yellow button on the remote control to select all of the recordings I want to transfer to the BD-R
5) Press the blue button on the remote control and then select the option to copy to disc

Obviously you can only keep adding recordings up to the capacity of the disc but it won't overwrite what's already on there. At least, not with BD-Rs. I suppose with BD-REs it might be possible to overwrite existing contents if there is insufficient free space on the disc but I would imagine the Panasonic recorder would alert you to this fact and ask if that's what you want to do.

Now, I don't know what format your camcorder recordings are in on your Panasonic recorder's HDD but I convert my broadcast recordings to either HG or HX mode prior to copying them to a BD-R. This makes sure that they are compatible with any Blu-ray player (the Panasonic's default DR mode is a bit hit and miss with other manufacturer's players) and give me approximately 4 hours recording time in HG and 6 hours in HX on a 25GB BD-R. There are other modes which give you a longer recording time but the quality is supposedly lower so I don't tend to use them.

Does your Panasonic recorder show what format the camcorder recordings are in after you have transferred them to the HDD?

numptydumpty

Hi Dave.

Glad you're making some progress :smashin:

I'll start this with a few caveats as a) I have the older Panasonic DMR-BWT735; b) I only ever use BD-R discs, rather than BD-RE; and c) I have never transferred any camcorder recordings.

Having said that, I am sure you should be able to transfer more than 1 recording to a BR-R/BD-RE.

The way I do it with broadcast recordings is as follows:

1) Insert blank BD-R
2) Panasonic machine tells me it needs formatting, which I do
3) Once formatting is complete, I select the HDD using the Drive Select button on the remote control
4) Press "Direct Navigator" to show a list of my HDD contents
5) Use the yellow button on the remote control to select all of the recordings I want to transfer to the BD-R
6) Press the blue button on the remote control and then select the option to copy to disc

If I've got a partially full disc I want to add additional recordings to then I:

1) Insert BD-R
2) Select the HDD using the Drive Select button on the remote control
3) Press "Direct Navigator" to show a list of my HDD contents
4) Use the yellow button on the remote control to select all of the recordings I want to transfer to the BD-R
5) Press the blue button on the remote control and then select the option to copy to disc

Obviously you can only keep adding recordings up to the capacity of the disc but it won't overwrite what's already on there. At least, not with BD-Rs. I suppose with BD-REs it might be possible to overwrite existing contents if there is insufficient free space on the disc but I would imagine the Panasonic recorder would alert you to this fact and ask if that's what you want to do.

Now, I don't know what format your camcorder recordings are in on your Panasonic recorder's HDD but I convert my broadcast recordings to either HG or HX mode prior to copying them to a BD-R. This makes sure that they are compatible with any Blu-ray player (the Panasonic's default DR mode is a bit hit and miss with other manufacturer's players) and give me approximately 4 hours recording time in HG and 6 hours in HX on a 25GB BD-R. There are other modes which give you a longer recording time but the quality is supposedly lower so I don't tend to use them.

Does your Panasonic recorder show what format the camcorder recordings are in after you have transferred them to the HDD?

numptydumpty

Hi K-spin, thank you so much for your reply, I am truly grateful. Ok, I do something very similar when I record from the HDD in the new Panny recorder, i.e :-

1) Insert BD-RE disc.
2) Click on 'function menu'.
3) Click on 'recorded programmes', choose 'video (AVCHD)', then OK. List of recorded stuff will then appear, in chapter form.
4) 'Yellow button' all the chapters required, then to group them up, press blue button, then select 'record to disc' when instructed. Done!

Now the tricky bit. When you do that, it informs you that the set will 'automatically format' the disc, ready for recording. So, being an RE disc, my thoughts are....will the machine automatically delete the first recording, when it says it will 'automatically format' it, or will it just write over the top of the original, as I assume it would if you wanted to use the disc again in the normal way, it being re-writable, i.e BD-RE?

I guess the only way I will find out is if I give it a try. Pain in the butt if it dose overwrite it, but no major issue. I would just have to record the item written over for a second time on another disc. At least I would know then, I just wondered if there was a way to group up two separate bunches of chapters, one lot at a time but simultaneously, then press 'record', whether that would work....but even if it did, how would you achieve a gap between the two groups? Wouldn't be too wonderful if two holidays ran into one, lol.

I will have to look to see if the recorder informs me what format it converts the original AVCHD from my camcorder into when it downloads it onto it's HDD, or if in fact it does convert it in any way? I didn't notice if that info popped up anywhere during the process, so would have to look next time I record.

Hope I have explained myself in a logical way k-spin, often I am about as great at explaining myself as I am at understanding technology....and that is not a lot, lol.

Cheers buddy, appreciate your help.

Last edited:

k-spin

Ah, it does look like the recorders might treat BD-R and BD-RE discs differently then (besides the obvious..)

Re the recording length question, I had a quick look at the manual for your DMR-BWT850 and you should be able to convert your AVCHD recordings to HG or HX mode so that you can fit more on a disc. The process is outlined on page 44 of the user manual. When doing the file conversion, you can keep the original AVCHD version of the recording by choosing "Convert Only", rather than "Convert & Delete".

numptydumpty

Ah, it does look like the recorders might treat BD-R and BD-RE discs differently then (besides the obvious..)

Re the recording length question, I had a quick look at the manual for your DMR-BWT850 and you should be able to convert your AVCHD recordings to HG or HX mode so that you can fit more on a disc. The process is outlined on page 44 of the user manual. When doing the file conversion, you can keep the original AVCHD version of the recording by choosing "Convert Only", rather than "Convert & Delete".
Hi k-spin.

Thanks for investigating this for me mate, I saw all that HG and HX stuff in passing, while I was going through the manual originally, but didn't really understand it. Then when I FINALLY got my totally non high-tech brain to allow me to actually record a video onto blu-ray....I was elated, lol. I know that's an everyday thing for you guys, but it is the equivalent of climbing Everest for me (don't laugh, it's true, lol).

What worries me now is that I believe the conversion you mention slightly downgrades the picture quality, having now read about it a bit more? Having spent loads of money on hi-tech gear over the years (HD camcorders, etc, etc) in order to get beautiful videos of my old lasses holidays, followed by a blue ray recorder so she could have the best possible picture quality, and thus maximum enjoyment from them, that worries me a lot. I will try to explain.

As far as I can work out, a 25GB BR disc will hold 2 hours of AVCHD recording, or there about. So (the one 2.5 hour holiday video apart), that would mean that each disc potentially could hold any 2 of the other videos, because they are all 1 hour long, or less. What I thought was, if that was easily possible, that would be nice....not essential, but nice. If there was a way that was totally simple, but which my rather pathetic old brain had missed, then great.

However, it would break my heart if achieving that would downgrade the picture quality. Pathetic I know, but I have invested years, buckets of money, pints of sweat, not to mention frustration and anger at myself because of my inability to grasp techy stuff, just getting to where I am now. These AVCHD recordings are the only ones with which I can achieve my dream, the other tapes etc. are sadly not going to make it, so they will be what they are, and I can accept that...I just want this batch to salve my pride, and keep my promise to my missus, show her where all the money went! So, I NEED these to be as good as I can possibly make them, lol.

I hope you don't think I am ungrateful k-spin, I truly appreciate your kind efforts to help me, it's just that my original question was probably not too well put. I didn't want to cram loads of stuff onto one disc, just fit two top quality recordings onto each disc, because that seemed logical. The capacity is there for 2 in the best grade possible, if only it would allow you to do it without overwriting the first, and that was what I was worrying might happen. It seems from what you say that I was right to worry, that this may well be exactly what would happen. I am so sorry if I did not make myself absolutely clear in the first place though.

It just goes to show that lack of understanding can cause havoc. Had I bought standard BD-R discs, rather than the more expensive BD-RE version, I gather from your writings that I could have achieved my aim? My thoughts were that by paying more for the RE ones, I could afford to get it wrong first time (as I expected to, me being me), and then just do it over. Turns out that it just made things worse for myself, and possibly upset someone who was kind enough to try and help me. The story of my life in a nutshell. So sorry mate.

Best regards, Dave.

Last edited:

k-spin

Hi Dave.

The file conversion to HG or HX will involve compressing your files (which is how you can fit longer recordings onto a disc) and this might lead to a drop in quality. Whether this possible drop in quality would actually be noticeable is debatable. I can understand, given that these are precious home videos, that you do not want to risk this so if you're content with getting 2 hours on a disc then you may as well leave them in their original format.

I'm surprised that the Panasonic won't allow you to add further recordings to a BD-RE, as long as sufficient capacity remains. Unfortunately I have no experience with them but maybe someone else on the forum might be able to suggest something?

k-spin

Had I bought standard BD-R discs, rather than the more expensive BD-RE version, I gather from your writings that I could have achieved my aim? My thoughts were that by paying more for the RE ones, I could afford to get it wrong first time (as I expected to, me being me), and then just do it over.
I think your assumption was more than reasonable tbh. I'm really surprised the Panasonic is prompting you to format the BD-RE, which I assume would overwrite any existing recordings, every time you try to record to a disc.

numptydumpty

Hi k-spin, thank you for being so understanding about this dear chap, because the last thing I EVER want to do is inadvertently upset anyone, due to misunderstandings, or clumsy wording on my part.

Sadly, that is exactly what happened on my original sessions and requests for help on this thread, and it brought a shuddering halt to all replies, despite my best attempts at apologies. It's difficult to make amends for causing upset in some way, when you have no idea exactly what it was you did to upset folk!

So, many thanks once again k-spin, you are a kind and considerate person, and I truly appreciate your kindness and understanding, and the help you offered. It will be interesting to see if any other members who do have experience of the newer model of the Panny recorder (DMR-DWT850) that I have, and the use of the re-writable BD-RE discs on it, bearing in mind the issues I had, that you and I have discussed.

Cheers buddy, my very best regards,

Dave.

numptydumpty

O...M...G k-spin!!!!! I um'd and ah'd for a while, then decided that despite what I had read, I had to at least try putting two recordings on the one disc, madness not to, and lord knows that in this lockdown, I am not short of time! And guess what? It did it, it did NOT delete or overwrite the first title when I added the second!

I have just spent the last hour trolling through the manual on my laptop, desperately trying to find the bit where it said 'The recorder automatically formats the BD when you place it in the machine to record a title', or words to that effect. Can I find it, can I hell. I have to say though that I have no idea whether it was in the manual, or one of those things that pop up on screen when you are attempting to do something, my memory doesn't run to luxuries like that, lol.

What I do know is that OK, I am a bit loony, but not THAT nuts, I absolutely did read it. Anyway, that is the end of THAT non problem, but putting you to all that trouble for nothing is a whole different issue. I cannot apologise enough, nor explain it, I just panicked when I read it, and metaphorically put pen to paper. I really am not cut out for this techy stuff am I chap? Fishing is soooo much more relaxing and enjoyable, and it doesn't make my head hurt either, lol.

I will sit on my hands and read everything a dozen times in future mate, before doing anything, and certainly before doing my 'headless chicken' act, that's for sure!

Best regards, Dave.

Instead of compressing the files why not use 50GB DL (Double layer) discs - you should be able to get 4 hours per disc at maximum quality. Most players and recorders nowadays can use DL discs and some can use triple layer 100GB discs for up to 8 hours

numptydumpty

Instead of compressing the files why not use 50GB DL (Double layer) discs - you should be able to get 4 hours per disc at maximum quality. Most players and recorders nowadays can use DL discs and some can use triple layer 100GB discs for up to 8 hours
You are right of course Davemurgatroyd2, I have since considered that, after making an utter fool of myself, but originally I thought I would use the box of discs I had from way back, when the idea for this misbegotten venture was in the planning stage. Then there's the pack I have recently purchased when my fevered old brain went into panic mode a few days back.

I am slowly learning things, and writing the 'How I dun it' stuff down whenever I have a modicum of success, as my memory is a fair bit lower down the scale than a goldfish.

Thanks for your thoughts though, it's yet another example of things I realise now I should have done, things that I recognise now were the obvious way to go, had I been the proud owner of a functioning brain. What a plonka!

k-spin

O...M...G k-spin!!!!! I um'd and ah'd for a while, then decided that despite what I had read, I had to at least try putting two recordings on the one disc, madness not to, and lord knows that in this lockdown, I am not short of time! And guess what? It did it, it did NOT delete or overwrite the first title when I added the second!

I have just spent the last hour trolling through the manual on my laptop, desperately trying to find the bit where it said 'The recorder automatically formats the BD when you place it in the machine to record a title', or words to that effect. Can I find it, can I hell. I have to say though that I have no idea whether it was in the manual, or one of those things that pop up on screen when you are attempting to do something, my memory doesn't run to luxuries like that, lol.

Best regards, Dave.
Great to hear you've got it working Dave!

Funnily enough I did find something in the manual about it automatically formatting discs when copying AVCHD content. It's on page 53 but it looks like it is referring to copying HD AVCHD material to a DVD-R, not a BD-RE/BD-R. Maybe it was this that you'd come across?

Oh, and it will automatically format (or, at least, ask you if you want to format) a blank BD-R/BD-RE when you put it in the machine. It just shouldn't do that if you put in a partially recorded one. At least, mine never has.

Last edited:

numptydumpty

Hi again k-spin,

If you have experience in doing this, could you tell me how to get a space between two recordings? I have just had another go, recorded one holiday, then took the disk out. Grouped another batch of chapters (another holiday) with the yellow and blue buttons, put the disc back in and recorded the second one.

It worked, but sadly there is no space between the two, they are effectively one long recording. Not the end of the world, but would love to improve on that.

I should add that I don't add titles to the recordings, just a crude edit to get rid of many minutes of recordings of peoples legs and pavement, due to 'forgot to turn the camera off' syndrome. lol, (just discovered how to do that crude editing) and that does the missus, with the holiday named on the crystal case. Maybe that is part of the issue?

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:

numptydumpty

Can anyone help me with my new problem above? I realise it's probably a simple thing, but it's beyond me.....which I guess tells the story right there. None the less, I would be grateful, however pathetic my question may seem.

k-spin

Hi Dave. I meant to go and check how my recordings play back but forgot all about it - sorry!

I'm pretty sure that if I have multiple titles on a single disc (e.g. 4 episodes of a TV series), then when it gets to the end of episode 1 it automatically starts playing episode 2.

I'll have a proper look later today.

numptydumpty

Thanks k-spin. I had wondered if there were some way of choosing which particular track you wanted to watch, if you did things properly. As I said, I have just crudely edited each of the first 7 holidays, those in AVCHD, which I have put on BD's.

I haven't bothered going into adding titles etc, they are just listed by the date of the original camcorder recording , which automatically came up on each chapter when transferred to the HDD from my camera or sd card, so I left it that way.

Perhaps if I had done things in a more professional way, I may. have found some way of 'dialling up'
The track I wanted. Probably not, but just wondered. I try hard to get my head round all the 'jargony' instructions in the massive manual, but it defeats me most of the time. Sorry.

k-spin

Hi Dave. So, I checked with one of my BD-Rs this evening.
On inserting the BD-R, I get a pop up box with the options to “Play video” or “Copy”. At this point I press “return” on the remote control and then press “Direct Navigator”. I then get a list of the programmes/titles on the BD-R.
If I select episode one and then fast forward to the end, when episode one finishes, episode two starts automatically.
The BD-R I checked contained episodes of a TV programme I had recorded and then converted to HG mode before copying to the BD-R.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors