Panasonic Bluray recorder... Sth very strange is happening...

vaszio

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently bought Panasonic Bluray Recorder DMR-BCT740EG9. And then I used an hdmi modulator that converts my satellite signal to dvb-t and send this signal to the recorder through aerial input. And now the strange part, although the Panasonic recorder can see the picture from my satellite channel this channel cannot be recorded!!! Shall I mention that this signal can be easily be recorder to an LG HR 550 Hdd recorder! Has anyone of you any idea why is this happening? Thank you in advance.

The recorder is sensing anti-copying signals being carried on the signals coming from the satellite receiver.
All devices are going this way.

Then why am I able to see it? The channel of the satellite source is a channel that I find like all the other channels after scanning for new dvb-t channels. Nevertheless I thought of that and used an hdmi splitter that removes encryption... the result was the same...

You are permitted to see it - but the recorder senses if you try to record it and will not permit it.

These anti-copy mechanisms are not the same as encryption.

I just connected the signal from my pc desktop... and still the Panasonic recorder although I see the picture after I press the record button in the remote the counter in my tv is in zero and it cannot record it... The recorder works very well with other channels.Is it because my recorder is a dvb c recorder and not a dvb s recorder? Is there a difference between them?

All HD recorders are configured this way by mandate.

They are designed to record only channels sourced from their own tuners and only when broadcasters permit them to be recorded.

Numerous protection systems are now in place in broadcast and reception devices to ensure that broadcast material cannot be shared / recorded / cross platforms without permission.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom