Panasonic Blu Ray DMP-BDT110 Region Free Hack

You need to rent/buy a pre programmed remote mate then you just ponit it at the player and press the button basically and thats it its region free on dvd only (Not blu-ray) I waiting for one to come just paid £12 delivered for it should be here tomorrow if you want it for £10 let me know and i can post a classified add on here to keep to the rules etc
Regards
J

Thanks J - so what you're saying is with the remote it only unlocks the DVD area of the player ? if so, that's exactly what I want. Yes I am interested in getting my hands on this remote, but I live in Australia - any probs ?
Cheers
C

Yes mate only the dvd area is unlocked, another option is if you have or know anyone that has a all-for-one remote i can link instructions on how to program that then you can sort it for free :>)
Regards
J

It has to have an M button on it here are the instructions
1. Hold the ‘M' button (Key Magic) until the red light on the control blinks twice
2. On the remote press the buttons 994. The red light should blink twice.
3. Press ‘M' again. The red light will blink once more.
4. Enter the 5 digit function code.
5. Finally press the button you want to assign the function to. The red light will blink twice more.

Follow the above instructions to assign the following function codes to the following buttons:

key 1, code 00191
key 2, code 00120
key 3, code 00065
key 4, code 00180
key 5, code 00143
key 6, code 00155
key 7, code 00122
key 8, code 00117
key 9, code 00129
key 0, code 00123

Once all re-programmed we can now perform the multiregion procedure:

1. Switch on the player, eject any disc.
2. Press the OneForAll Remote buttons in the following sequence with about a second pause between presses: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0
3. The player will automatically reboot and be DVD multiregion without any message.

Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for that J very much appreciated. I've also posted a thread about my lg hr825t blu ray player as wel. Just didnt think about all the dvd's i bought whilst overseas. Cheers C.

Does given hack actually work ?

Hi Guys,
I have a DMP-BDT110, I had bought a Region 1 DVD on ebay, I thought that DMP-BDT110 was region free?
Just updated the firmware on the player, I've only got the controller that came with the player, is there anything I can do with that to watch Region 1?
I get the message 'This Disc may not be played in your region'

See above your post...
All the instructions are there. You need a programmable remote control.

You can only do that if you have upgraded the firmware.

I've got 1.92, I got that my plugging a network cable into my DVD Player to Router, set up as wired and ran a firmware update, so I should be OK?

Hi can confirm it works perfect
What is the "M" on the remote, I am in the US. I have a universal remote, but am not seeing an "M" anywhere, and when I went to oneforall.com I didn't see a letter "M" on any of there remotes. Is there a similar button that maybe is labeled different here?

It is the Magic button. On my 1 for all 4 in 1, it is at the top, in the middle.

I appreciate that this is a very old thread but it is still very relevant.
I recently purchased a Panasonic DMR-BDT184EG thinking that, because it was advertised as playing NTSC discs, that it would play my collection of American DVDs. I now understand the distinction between format and region and realise that I need a region mod. The 'One For All' procedure mentioned earlier in this thread looked hopeful but I tried it with my One For All without success. I programmed all the buttons, as suggested and the player responds with the red light flashing as though it is accepting the code sequence. However, it does not flash for buttons 3, 5 and 9 so I guess the codes have been changed for my player. I have searched the Internet but cannot find the codes anywhere.
I tried Panasonic but they would not help.
I know there is a device for sale on E-Bay but I am in Belgium and, in the present post-Brexit climate, there is the likelihood that any attempt to purchase from the UK would be taxed heavily or even seized by customs. In any case, I could not be sure that it would work.
If anyone has an idea how to obtain the appropriate One For All codes or alternative ideas for making this player region-free, I would really appreciate your advice.

I recently purchased a Panasonic DMR-BDT184EG thinking that, because it was advertised as playing NTSC discs, that it would play my collection of American DVDs. I now understand the distinction between format and region and realise that I need a region mod. The 'One For All' procedure mentioned earlier in this thread looked hopeful but I tried it with my One For All without success. I programmed all the buttons, as suggested and the player responds with the red light flashing as though it is accepting the code sequence. However, it does not flash for buttons 3, 5 and 9 so I guess the codes have been changed for my player. I have searched the Internet but cannot find the codes anywhere.
I know there is a device for sale on E-Bay but I am in Belgium and, in the present post-Brexit climate, there is the likelihood that any attempt to purchase from the UK would be taxed heavily or even seized by customs. In any case, I could not be sure that it would work.
If anyone has an idea how to obtain the appropriate One For All codes or alternative ideas for making this player region-free, I would really appreciate your advice.
I don't think that customs would confiscate a remote.

I had the opposite problem. I was trying to play some region 2 PAL DVDs on my DMP-BDT110PU.

The OneForAll remote hack does work, but it only unlocks DVD regions (not Blu-ray), and the (American) unit still wouldn't play discs in the PAL format. This was VERY frustrating. Using the remote hack (at least with an American unit in order to play PAL discs) won't solve your problem.

[Just a note on that procedure, though. The code for key 1 in my case was sending an "OK" signal to the unit, which meant that I would leave the main menu screen, and the procedure would fail. What you had to do was to press 1 twice in order to get out of the sub menu, and then the hack would work properly.]

If, like me, you need to be able to play PAL discs, then you will definitely need to install enhanced firmware, and in that case you can skip the remote procedure altogether.

Bear in mind that, in order to install enhanced firmware in the player, as part of the procedure you will need to burn a CD-ROM with the firmware image file. Back in the day, we all had CR-ROM burners in our computers, but that is no longer trivial, so I thought I'd let you know.

Getting enhanced firmware online was pretty straightforward, the procedure was smooth, although a bit pricey.

I was worried that maybe my TV would not be able to play the PAL input (through HDMI), but it finally was not an issue. My collection is playing nicely now.

Good luck and thanks to everyone contributing to unlocking our movie treasures.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom