Panasonic Blu-ray Disc Recorder DMR-BWT735

jimlec

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am having a problem on playback,a ticking noise is coming from the drive and the picture is frozen.Has anyone had the same problem? Would be grateful for any advise.
Thank you Jim

Are you playing something on the hard drive or a Blu-ray/DVD?

A ticking noise suggests a failed or failing hard drive. You could try a power cycyle, that may clear things for a while, but it sounds like (no pun intended) that your unit will soon need repairs.

Clem

Hi Clem,Thanks for your reply for the ticking problem on the hard drive of my panasonic recorder. I am new to this game,so could you please explain what is meant by a power cycle and how to carry it out. Many thanks Jim

It means unplug it or switch it off at the mains power socket then plug it in again and switch on.

Hi k-spin,I am not playing anything on the hard drive, Blue ray or/ DVD when the ticking noise
occurs.Do you think this could be a fault on the drive? Many thanks for your help. Jim

Hi JayCee, I am sorry, I made a mistake, we were trying to playback from the hard drive.
I will contact k-spin to give correct information. Jim

Hi k-spin ,Could you please ammend the last message. We were trying to playback from the hard drive only, when the ticking sound occurs,sorry for any inconvience. Jim

No problem Jim. Was just trying to clarify what you were trying to play when you were getting the issue. As Clem said, it does sound like you might have a failing hard drive unfortunately. Worth giving the power cycle suggestion a try though.

Hi Jaycee, thank you for explanation of power cycle regarding my problem with the Panasonic hard drive.Thanks Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom