Panasonic Blu-ray connection to 2TB Skybox

Fergu13

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am a rooky so please go easy! I have tried connecting my Panasonic DMR-BWT740EB Blu-ray player up to my television which has a 2TB HD skybox connected but find it impossible to link them all together. Could someone (using laymans terms) please explain how to do this?

Welcome to the forum.

HDMI from Skybox to TV
HDMI from '740 to TV

Scart from Skybox to '740
Transfer from skybox to 740 will be limited to composite SD video at best.

Hi, thank you for your quick response. I have tried what you suggested before and when I attempt auto-setup I keep getting the message, "No channels found. Please check aerial connection". Since this is connected through the sky HD box I would have imagined that it would get its signal through that??

Hi, thank you for your quick response. I have tried what you suggested before and when I attempt auto-setup I keep getting the message, "No channels found. Please check aerial connection". Since this is connected through the sky HD box I would have imagined that it would get its signal through that??

You will not find any channels unless you connect a terrestrial aerial (and a lnb connection should the TV have a satellite tuner) to the TV. If you have the aerial connected to the sky box rf in you have to connect the sky box rf out socket to the TV so the box can pass on the signals to the TV. Unless you are using a magic eye distribution system there is no point in connecting the aerial to the Sky box, so simply transfer it to the TV.

You view the Sky box by selecting the hdmi port it is connected to on the TV and the blu-ray by selecting it's input port.

Most likely a button on the TV remote marked AV or a liitle TV with an arrow pointing in.

I didn't realise I would require connection to an ordinary aerial, I assumed that the channels would be obtained through the HD skybox which is connected to the Panasonic by scart cable as suggested by Gavtech.

I didn't realise I would require connection to an ordinary aerial, I assumed that the channels would be obtained through the HD skybox which is connected to the Panasonic by scart cable as suggested by Gavtech.

The only channels you can get via the hdmi connection are the satellite ones and only the one that the satellite box tuners are currently outputting to HDMI. These are also the only ones you can record on the DVDR unless it has a terrestrial tuner of it's own and also has an aerial connected.

Many thanks for your help - it looks like I'll need to get a terrestrial aerial as well in that case ;-((

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom