Panasonic BDT310 noise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PoisonJam, Jan 10, 2012.

1. PoisonJam

PoisonJam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +152
    I just got my BDT310 in the January sales and the latest update is installed. At first I had 'quick start' on but the constant noise when I powered up, no matter what activity, was driving me nuts. Now I've disabled that it helps overall but it's still too noisy for my tastes during quiet scenes. I've noticed it's especially noisy at the start of the movie and gradually quietens - I assume the disc is having to spin faster for the inner/outer layers (whichever end players start from).

Noise is obviously very subjective; I have built a fanless custom PC because I simply don't tolerate noise. This is also one of the reasons I have a standalone BR player on my kit rack alongside my slim PS3, which I consider too noisy. The Sony BDPS350 I upgraded from had a lot of vibration but I put Acoustifeet on the bottom and that fixed it completely. There was still a disc whirring noise present but it was a lot less obtrusive than the Panasonic, which is of a much higher and irritating frequency. With the Panasonic vibration isn't an issue at all - I raised the player during playback so it was decoupled and it still has the exact same noise character. It's disc noise alone.

Anyone else have the same issue (bearing in mind noise is completely subjective)?

2. sheep2469

sheep2469
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have this player, i have just put mine on now to see because i haven't really noticed it before!!, the only whirring noise i got is when the player first starts up but during a movie just tested with 'underworld' i can't hear a thing from the player even if i turn the audio off

3. PoisonJam

PoisonJam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +152
    I have a habit of making people aware of noises they weren't concious of and then they hate me for it... I should really learn to keep my mouth shut! :rolleyes:

That's good to know, especially as you could hear it before playing the disc. Might be a case of returning this, then. I bought it from Richer sounds in Glasgow, hopefully all the current stock isn't from the same batch!

4. Mike Groves

Mike Groves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    No noise at all with mine

5. skk3

skk3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: