Panasonic bdt310 and a wd passport 500gb usbdrive

Munkyfunk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Got a problem with the above,
Basically formatted a wd passport new 500gb drive to ntfs.
Ive put on an mkv file and plugged into bluray.
Now ive read on the net the 310 plays mkv files via usb but mine ucomes up with usb device incompatible???
Am i missing something here?
I onow the file works as ive tried it in vlc player and the usb slot on front of bluray as its playing avi files from a usb stick!!!
Any help would be appreciated
Regards

Hi all
Got a problem with the above,
Basically formatted a wd passport new 500gb drive to ntfs.
Ive put on an mkv file and plugged into bluray.
Now ive read on the net the 310 plays mkv files via usb but mine ucomes up with usb device incompatible???
Am i missing something here?
I onow the file works as ive tried it in vlc player and the usb slot on front of bluray as its playing avi files from a usb stick!!!
Any help would be appreciated
Regards
I have had the same problem with my 32gb memory stick.

would love to know how to do it.

just found this

Panasonic DMP-BDT310 MKV Support | tdcat.com

MKV Performance:
If you can get an MKV to play successfully, you will find that 720p content (roughly 1.5GB for a 45 minute programme) works absolutely fine. If you push the player to a good quality 1080p MKV (roughly 4.5GB for a 45 minute programme) the player has problems decoding the file on more complex scenes. This might include night scenes with high contrast or generally high action scenes). The programme starts to stutter and the audio begins to break. This only happens about 2-5% of the time so it's not a big problem but it is very very irritating because, when it works, the quality of a 1080p MKV is simply outstanding. I have tested with my own MKV encodes to ensure it's not a bad encode from someone else. Same problem.

Hi

my suggestion is,you just convert your such MKV file to Xvid or AVI

In this case you wont loose any bitrate/PQ etc.,

Therefore MKV files need more CPU/GPU too!! so if you convert to XVid than less
CPU usage as well!!

I'v a lot off MKV files(mostly music-clips)when I try to play all those files in my Desktop
with DAUM PotPlayer(deeply recommend you this player)my CPU usage 90/100%!!!
but when play those files(converted to AVI/XVid)CPU usage lower such as 40/60%

Now as it seems that Pany BD can not handle HD-MKV files well cause of high-CPU usage!
especially 1080i/p files!! 720s are always fine but 1080s seems some play-back issue with
high-CPU usage

Meanwhile I'v already ordered this Pany BDT320 Player from Germany and it will arrive on next week

Note;or might be some of yours ext.HDD has an uncompetible or hand-shake issue or something
un-happen matter

For example I'v Toshiba 2,5" 500Gb USB-ext.HDD and I havent get any issue during playback
as use this HDD with my Pany LCD and this TV can handle very good of all formats as well
incl.MKV files 720/1080 and no any motion/speed problem even 1080p in MKV files too
BUT my Desktop can not handle easy those 1080 files!!

So might be a "HDD" problem!!!

Finally MKV files use/need high CPU and I found the solution then convert it and bingo!!

Bye++

But you don't get the hd audio.

something that;)

Ive had this player for ages, heres how to do it, format your hard drive in eXfat, this player doesn't support NTFS and any mkv you want to play remux them with mkvmerge taking out any compression headers in either the video or audio streams, works every time, the only thing is a mkv with DTS HD won't play the sound, you will have to find someway of stripping it back to DTS core.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom