• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic BDT300 3D Player

filby1

Established Member
Hey,

Im after one of these players but soon match a 3D tv, but as of yet am unable to buy a 3D AVR.

As the tv will not be bought until the back end of the year and the BDT300 anytime now, i will just be using it as a standard BD deck. would i be able to do this just using the main HDMI out on the rear of the deck to the AVR and then fom there to the older TV i have now if im not doing 3D?

The reason i ask is i dont want to buy twice, im really not wanting to buy a BD player now then have to buy another for 3D not too long after

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
You can use it as a standard BD player no problem, the 1.4HDMI (Main) should be ok as it's backward compatible but I know for sure that the 1.3 (Sub) HDMI will work fine as I have used it, just make sure the Video is set to on in the Menu under Sub HDMI :)

Obviously when you get the 3D TV you will need to use the 1.4 HDMI out :)

filby1

Established Member
Cool, i really just want to plug and play for now, out with thye old in with the new sending both Lossless sound and pic through one cable to the amp and then on to the Tv

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom