Panasonic BDT180 - DVD multi-region hack method

jimdriver2

Hopefully it's ok to create a thread for this purpose. I'm doing it so anyone who ends up in the same position as me hopefully finds this on a forum search or via Google. I'm guessing others will do something similar as it's a popular device.

I just bought a new Panasonic BDT180. For my requirements (just play Blu-rays & DVDs as well as possible, no apps, wifi, UHD needed) it seemed to be the best one on the market at a good price. On first use I checked the firmware and it already had the most up to date on it.

I needed it to play DVDs from all regions. Searching online suggests there is no basic device remote hack. So I bought the simple hack remote linked below from ebay. Shipped on Wed, arrived on Fri. It's the easiest thing to use, just point it at the player, press the button, wait for the light on the remote to go out, turn off and unplug the player, wait 10 seconds, start it up and you've got a blu-ray player that plays all regions.

Hopefully this helps anyone else searching for this info about this particular Panasonic model.

Link to remote: Panasonic DVD / Blu-ray player multi-region hack remote | eBay

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom