For Sale Panasonic BDT120 3D Blu Ray Player. Multiregion DVD - Sold

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by ajarvis, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I've got a Panasonic BDT120 3D Blu Ray Player for sale. It was brought new from Currys about 28/01/2013 (need to check the receipt to confirm), so is less than a month old. It comes with original box and receipt.

It's been made multiregion for DVDs using a remote control sold on ebay. I can include this for £5.

I'm looking for £60 incl for the player on it's own or £65 incl with the multi region remote control. Would also probably trade for a half decent universal remote control with possible cash adjustments either way.

Actually this was purchased 14/01/2013

Cheers.

Sold to DigitalDigger - cheers.

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Why are you selling so soon after purchase?

3. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I will offer 60 delivered for player and remote. On the understanding it plays r1 and r2 dvds out of the box without any interference from me

4. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I'm selling it because I want multi region blu rays.

There's no interference needed from you at the moment but I watched Chernobyl Diaries on it last night and when the player started it said there was a firmware update, which I didn't do. I don't know if you have to use the remote again after a firmware update or not. It's very easy to do though - you just point it at the player for 10 seconds. I can test it if you want or leave it as it is?

If you're happy with that then £60 delivered for the player and remote sounds good?

5. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Is it connected to the internet? Was the prompt from the disc or the player itself via web. I dont want web connection so its no bother if that is the case. If however its the discs prompting the update that concerns me. I wouldnt want to update firmware and then be unable to make it multi region again. I am currently on my phone. Can i say provisional deal subject to me doing a little research?

6. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    It was from the player itself. I've just updated the firmware and tested it with some R1, R2 and R3 DVDs and it's still multi region without using the remote again.

7. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    In that case all good. Will sort out payment later today. Pm ppg account and personal info and i will send you my details. Payment will be soon as poss. Any chance you sending out today?

8. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Nice one - cheers, PM on the way...

No problem with sending it this afternoon.

9. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Player has arrived. Will be later once kids are in bed before i dare start messing with wires to test. Wil leave feedback once all is ok

10. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Great stuff mate, cheers for letting me know.

11. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Evening. Have just plugged everything in and there is a problem. In standby the player emits a noise that sounds like a high pitched morse code. It gets worse when its powered on. Cant hear it over a movie. Sounds like it is coming from the power supply. I have no problem returning to pc world with the suplied receipt for replacement. However if the remote supplied diesnt activate the new one for multi region i will then have an item i didnt pay for. So. My options are get a replacement and try it. Which possibly may result in anither prob if it doesnt work as then i wil be faced with trying to return a diff item than the one i purchased. Or return at sellers expense. The noise is not only audible when everything is off it could indicate a failing psu. In either case i am not comfortable keeping this unit. Not after a reduction. Just a unit that does what i needed without noises that shouldnt be there

12. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    That's strange mate, I never heard any noise at all. It was silent.

I'll leave it up to you what to do. If you want to send it back here I'll refund you and what it costs to send immediately, no problem. I'll either take it back to Currys for a refund or give it to one of the kids if I can't hear any noise.

If you want to exchange it at Currys and try the remote out then that's fine. It's easy to make it multiregion, just follow the instructions. Basically point it at the player for 10(ish) seconds. If it doesn't work, I'll take the new/exchanged player back and refund you.

Entirely your shout.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  13. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    What an excellent response. I almost feel bad raising it now. The player is exactly the model i was going to buy from amazon. So. Ill take the option that is easiest all round. Will take it to currys and exchange it. Then try the remote. Hopefully all will be well. Just wanted to make it all clear before i did something i couldnt undo. If your happy with that then so am i. Will be tomorrow before i can get to the shop though. Thanks

14. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    No problem, that'll be the easiest I think. Please let me know how you get on.

15. DigitalDigger

DigitalDigger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Good news. They didnt want to but they swapped it. Apparently after 21 days they only offer repair on panasonic. Told them i wasnt happy with that as it was clearly a psu fault and didnt ant my house to burn down with kids in it. So. Have used the remote and all is well. Thanks. Feedback left

16. ajarvis

ajarvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    That's great news mate. Really glad you got a new player sorted.

Cheers. :smashin: