• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic BDT-500 OR PIONEER BDPLX55

Glenzo

Established Member
To be projected onto a 106" Screen via a Panasonic Full HD 3D Projector.

Which is the better player purely in terms of Picture and Audio quality only.:lease:

Glenzo

Established Member
Sorry I have a Panasonic PT-AE7000 Projector which does have Viera thus an advantage switching on and off. IMHO I haven't trialled a player as good as Panasonics BDT-120 onto the 106" Screen. It's the entry level model and I wanted a higher end player to compliment the set up aesthetically. IMHO all Blu Ray players have great picture and audio via an LCD or Plasma and perhaps an All in One Home Cinema Audio System.

I've noticed they only really get challenged when they've to work hard to impress on a large screen.

Already I've ruled out to my disappointment the Yamaha BD-1010, Denon BDP-1611/2012 and a Pioneer BDP-330.

The Panasonic is a breath of fresh air Picture and even Audio wise.

I'm still curious about the Panasonic BDT-500 vs Pioneer BDP-LX55

Glenzo

Established Member
Cor info on comparison is elusive.

I'll ask again, fundamental concerns are Picture Quality and Audio Only.

Pioneer BDP-LX55 or Panasonic BDT-500??

To be projected onto a 106" Screen:lease:

TellyTel

Distinguished Member
Do you want streaming functionality?

The bdt500 offers this the pioneer doesn't , also the bdt500 I would think offers better firmware support.

found this-

Anyone done a test of this vs the Pioneer LX55? Looking to buy but not sure which one? I have the pioneer LX55 Amp so thinking matching it with its stablemate but any info on which delivers best sound/picture for films appreciated.

I tested them side by side (using a Pioneer receiver, incidentally); they're roughly on a par for performance, but the Panasonic edges it, especially with DVD upscaling. Plus it loads discs much faster and has a ton of smart features. On flip side, Pioneer has SACD and DVD-A support, if that matters to you.

Glenzo

Established Member
Thanks gunner84, I thought that would be the answer. Panasonic seem to have this PHL research of which the PHL Chroma Processor explores giving that sharper more stable image.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom