Panasonic -BD80 and Crank2 small image?

swampy56

Standard Member
Reaction score
can any one put some light on the subject, i have just set up my new blu ray player.Panasonic DMP-BD80, it plays all the discs OK, except Crank2, it only shows a image one foot square in the center of the screen (7ft screen) when i put the disc in the PS3 it is fine (just unplugging the hdmi lead from PS to the Panasonic). why is this disc different? do i need to change a setting?

can any one put some light on the subject, i have just set up my new blu ray player.Panasonic DMP-BD80, it plays all the discs OK, except Crank2, it only shows a image one foot square in the center of the screen (7ft screen) when i put the disc in the PS3 it is fine (just unplugging the hdmi lead from PS to the Panasonic). why is this disc different? do i need to change a setting?

Have you got the BD80 connected to the internet? Crank2 has proved to be buggy with most players unless they're connected to BD Live and some necessary updates for the disc are downloaded.

It's nothing to do with the internet connection.

You need to add external memory to your player. My Sony 350 needed a 1Gb USB stick, but I think Panasonics use SD cards. Check what it needs, add the memory and it will play fine.

It's nothing to do with the internet connection.

You need to add external memory to your player. My Sony 350 needed a 1Gb USB stick, but I think Panasonics use SD cards. Check what it needs, add the memory and it will play fine.
Thanks will get one on the weekend, and give it a go!

can you buy a large size sdhc card and put media on it too , or is it best to just buy a 1 or 2 gig card and put media on a large size usb drive?
also does the size of the sd card affect preformance in any way?
thanks.

Hi..

Acc. to specs if your SD card is labeled as SDHC you can use 4Gb to 16Gb if remember correct. I am using 4GB Kingston SDHC labeled mini SD card, BD80 is recognizing it.

Regards
Satya.

Hi..

Acc. to specs if your SD card is labeled as SDHC you can use 4Gb to 16Gb if remember correct. I am using 4GB Kingston SDHC labeled mini SD card, BD80 is recognizing it.

Regards
Satya.

got a cheap sandisc 1gb for £3.50 which i am using at the moment and seems to work ok.
although the loading on lionsgate blurays like my bloody valentine and crank 2 is seriously painfull and makes me wont a profile 1 player!!
:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom