Panasonic BD60 - To multiregion or not

MPLB

Standard Member
My old DVD player has packed up and I fancy getting hold of a new Panasonic BD60 Blu-Ray player to replace it.

I have a fair number of region 1 DVDs so I need the player to be DVD multiregion.

However, I'm not sure about the Blu-Ray side of life. It seems that most Blu-Ray discs are released fairly close to each other in the US and Europe these days. Is this the case or do you still get a lot of releases much earlier in the US with perhaps a lot more content on them?

Is it worth the extra £150 to get multiregion Blu-Ray as well? Any opinions?

Thanks

kempez

Personally I think a Region B player is fine, certainly for what I want it is anyway. Discs don't seem to be too delayed once they are out in the US.

MPLB

Standard Member
So if I go for the standard BD60 does it come with automatic 'multiregion' DVD capability out of the box or do I have to buy a modified version to be able to play my R1 DVDs?

Online stores like Amazon don't mention any multiregion abilities whereas places like multiregionmagic have it for pretty much the same price and specify automatic multiregion DVD switching.

Thanks again

kempez

With the BD35 you could use a universal remote control to softmod the player to multi-region DVD, I imagine that is something similar

kingfats

Distinguished Member
So if I go for the standard BD60 does it come with automatic 'multiregion' DVD capability out of the box or do I have to buy a modified version to be able to play my R1 DVDs?

Online stores like Amazon don't mention any multiregion abilities whereas places like multiregionmagic have it for pretty much the same price and specify automatic multiregion DVD switching.

Thanks again

You can remote hack the player for DVD or buy the machine already done from some sites. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom