Panasonic AX100 with HD-Any good?

elliotjames

Hi
I wish to upgrade to a HD player to use with my AX100. I think I am going for a BD player in light of the recent devolpments on the HD threads.Also hopefully the firmware fix will sort out the projector :smashin:
Is there a big improvement in picture quality over SD and if so which players are you using.

Cheers
EJ.

Batdog

The firmware update has fixed mine.

I use an EP30 & a PS3 and the AX100 is great with HD material (can accept 1080p/24 signal and therefore has no 3:2 judder).

Batdog

Do you run your PS3 in 1080P/24 mode, or feed the projector its native 720P?

James

1080p/24 - the only way to eliminate the judder.

elliotjames

Cheers fellas for info.Not sure I want to go the PS3 route as I dont play games that often and need the 5.1 out from player for sound.
Anyone else?

Batdog

Cheers fellas for info.Not sure I want to go the PS3 route as I dont play games that often and need the 5.1 out from player for sound.
Anyone else?

Not sure what more you want to know really? The AX100 with any HD source looks superb. If you buy a HD DVD or Blu-Ray player just make sure you get one with 1080p/24 output.

chappies

I would endorse Stuart's comments. I have the EP30/AX100 combination and the 1080p/24 looks excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom