panasonic ax 100u hdmi issues

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by av addict, Apr 26, 2007.

1. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    ok i am having issues with the hdmi set-up on this pj--i've already made a post about this when connecting to onkyo 674e amp--so i've just been by-passing the amp till i can get this sorted--so i've been going directly to the ps3-so sat down to watch wild things with the little one tonight and lo and behold no signal on the pj hdmi-just keeps flashing as thou it waiting for handshake--upplugeed both cables turned both units on/off still nothing--well to top this off with me frying my hd-dvd e1 player{during upgrade of firmware} its not been a very good day:(

is it only me who has hdmi handshake problems or have i got a duff unit?

2. jagdeepp

jagdeepp
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    i have the same issue with mine in that i cant seem to get it to connect with my snazio's dvi output when using an adaptor. Will be interested to know whether others have had hdmi issues too.

3. kevlatimer

kevlatimer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've only had one issue on mine so far, although I don't think it is the AX100's fault - this was me trying to output upscaled s-vid from a rather nasty old Thomson freeview box via a Denon 2307. Only did this with s-vid though, it's been fine with the composite.

Other than that, no probs with a 1930 DVD at 576p and 720p, and the aforementioned 2307.

4. p147

p147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi av addict,did you resolve your problem with the ps3,i ask simply that i have a panny ax100 connected to my onkyo 674e via hdmi,no probs till now, as i have just bought a ps3 and connected it via hdmi,but it keeps dropping out terribly :mad: .
    ( at exact times during playing games dvds are o.k.only) at 1080p only, so is it a problem with the amp,projector,or the ps3? would value your advice:lease: .
    p147

5. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    this was a hdmi cable issue-sorted now:D

have you tried the ps3 going through the amp at 720p or 1080i----this is not a proper 1080p projector so thats probs why your having issues--see if this works first

6. p147

p147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yes,i have run the ps3 directly connected to the projector at 1080p 24 and no problem, I have assumed that the projector will accept 1080p 24, can it be that i have to use the official hdmi cable (which i have not got) as i have tried 2 hdmi cables 1 top quality and 1 cheapy, the cheap one caused more drop outs,what cable are you now using,my only other opinion is that the receiver is at fault.

7. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    must be your amp then i think if its fine with the same cable going directly from ps3 to pj--your the 2nd bloke thats had probs with this amp passing through 1080/24
    have a look here to see

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533665

all i can say is try unplugging all sockets and hdmi cables
    and wait a few minutes then start again-turning on pj first then ps3 then amp--

i must have one of the few onkyo amps that pass through
    1080/24 ok-cheers