1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic auto mode

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by petebog, Dec 19, 2003.

1. petebog

petebog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyway to stop the panasonic auto mode from zooming in on certain channels and keep it on just mode. Don't want to use 16:9 for 4:3 channels as they're too squashed.
    TV = panasonic tx32ps5

Thanks for any help:)

2. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I might be missing something here, but can't you just use the "Aspect" button to set the TV into "Just" mode (instead of "Auto")? The TV should remember that setting until you change it again.

I have a Panasonic 32PF10 - I just leave it in "Full" mode - most channels (on Sky+) broadcast in widescreen anyway.

3. petebog

petebog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tv only has panasonic auto, 16:9, 14:9, 4:3, zoom1 and zoom 2. Just mode is part of Panasonic auto mode and can't be selected individually, but if a 4:3 broadcast has black bars at top and bottom, the tv zooms in on the picture and all graphics and writing on the picture dissappear.
    so i was wondering if there was a way to make it stay in just mode

4. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    I have a Panasonic TX-W32D2 and can choose either Just Mode or Panasonic Auto - are you sure you can't do the same?

5. petebog

petebog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i'm positive, there is no just mode except as part of the panasonic auto mode.

6. alfablue

alfablue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I generally use the 16:9 mode, this works fine for digital broadcasts, most fill the screen, and it wont automatically adjust if there is a black bar, or as sometimes happens, when there is a dark scene, as when in auto mode.

The other mode I tend to use is zoom, which I can control, and I use this on the rare occasions I am watching an analogue broadcast (happens only when I am videoing something else on a digi channel).

The Auto and Just modes (which seem to be the same?) are just annoying, especially with ad breaks which often don't fill the entire screen and prompt a response from the TV

7. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic TX28PK1 which is a 4 y/o Flatscreen set with a quintrix tube and that has a just mode. I have just got a new TX28PS12 which has done away with the just mode and included it in the auto, I must admit I never used the just mode just the auto so it isnt somthing I am going to miss.

Just though i would write and confirm what you are saying.

Cheers

Robert.

8. sc0tsman

sc0tsman
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i have the same problem here and it is really really anoying i have tried everything to no avail ie. sky digi box settings @ rgb widescreen dvd recorder @ rgb widescreen dvd player @ widescreen

any help would be very gratefull

9. Phil_S

Phil_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a TX32DT30, and found that if I left it in 4:3 mode it would switch automatically between 16:9 and 4:3 according to the aspect ratio of the broadcast program.

10. petebog

petebog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    put the tv in 16:9, when a widescreen broadcast happens the tv will switch to wide. You can tell this by pressing the info button and it should say wide.