Panasonic aspect ratio problems...

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by PlayerGreg, May 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. PlayerGreg

PlayerGreg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I recently bought a Panasonic wide-screen television (TX28PS12C). Overall I'm very happy with the television except for the 'Panasonic auto' aspect ratio setting.
    To my disappointment the auto setting is very poor at its job, and as a result can change aspect ratio several times a minute under certain conditions... it's particularly bad when watching snooker (maybe it's trying to tell me something :) )
    The setting changes aspect ratio based on a widescreen signal being transmitted or dark areas at the top and bottom sections of the screen, it then chooses to either 16:9, 14:9 or a 'optimal' stretch mode.

Does anyone know how to improve this setting or force it into the 'optimal' stretch mode.

Cheers
    Greg

ps. Panasonic have told me that they know about the issue but don't see it as a problem! despite it only appearing on the 100Hz models (from what I can tell).

2. petebog

petebog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem on the tx32ps5, i just put it in 16:9 mode and when a widescreen broadcast is shown the tv will say wide if you press the information button. Other than that you have to put up with zoomed pictures, 4:3 or Panasonic auto mode which will zoom in and out as soon as it sees black bars at the top and bottom. They should have put in a seperate 'just mode' instead of incorporating in with the panasonic auto mode, but just have to put with it im afraid. :rolleyes: