• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic AS650B

MrMav11

Can someone help on what these specs mean on the Panasonic AS650B please, and anyone know what the below are.

• Panel Drive - 1200 Hz BLS IFC
• Content Optimiser - Content Optimiser Plus
• Contrast - Brilliant Contrast

In game mode what is the lag?

Thanks

jetman

1200Hz BLS IFC = backlight scanning intelligent frame creation
This is the motion processing rate, in general the higher the figure the more stable and clear moving images will be displayed on your tv.

MrMav11

1200Hz BLS IFC = backlight scanning intelligent frame creation
This is the motion processing rate, in general the higher the figure the more stable and clear moving images will be displayed on your tv.
It's not "really" 1200Hz though is it (I've since found out), as it's all with the manufacturers own sooper dooper tech rather than a raw figure I believe?

So although I don't know much, is backlight better than edge or an I wrong in that thinking?

Thanks

jetman

Yes, that's right - the processing rate is derived from whatever algorithm the manufacturer works out (makes up) and that makes it difficult to compare across different brands.

There is a potential danger here of confusing Panasonics 'backlight scanning' name for their processing software with direct lit versus edge lit LED hardware. I think most people would agree that direct lit LED more reliably achieves an even and uniform picture than edge lit, the only down side is that direct lit screens are not quite so thin.

MrMav11

Ok thanks, wonder what the real refresh rate is for reference then.

So is the AS650B direct backlit or edge lit? Still confused!?!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom