Panasonic announces soundbars, SC-HTB900, SC-HTB700, SC-HTB510 for 2019

toplad39

Nice one. Could you possibly report back here with your impression of it? My 700 is here tomorrow and they are very similar in terms of codecs and sound modes only yours has higher wattage and high res audio. Be interesting to see what you think. I currently have a LG SH7 sound bar so looking forward to the upgrade

belfastbloke

Nice one. Could you possibly report back here with your impression of it? My 700 is here tomorrow and they are very similar in terms of codecs and sound modes only yours has higher wattage and high res audio. Be interesting to see what you think. I currently have a LG SH7 sound bar so looking forward to the upgrade
Will take me a few days to test everything wot with work and that.
IMG_20200610_112744.jpg

belfastbloke

Folks enlighten me please, I'm currently setting up my soundbar, which it is updating as we speak. I have it connected to connect box with hdmi arc. I have it a zidoo x95 box which is also connected to the connect box, when I select a film with a atmos track, no sound. Sound bar is panasonic htb900.

AudioVisualfan1988

I received my panansonic HTB700. Sounds fantastic, but one slight issue which I'm not sure if it's normal or not. When playing any audio which is dolby digital plus or atmos, there is a delay of 3 seconds before the audio comes on after starting a programme. This happens when resuming from pause as well. Is this normal behaviour?

The audio is all in sync and theres no delay. So not major issue, just irritating.

Stereo content works just fine. Sound comes on immediately when play any content.

toplad39

I am not sure that happens with mine I will have to check. I have a slight lip sync issue with sky q its just slightly out but I can't go below zero on sky to rectify this. Someone might know?

AudioVisualfan1988

I am not sure that happens with mine I will have to check. I have a slight lip sync issue with sky q its just slightly out but I can't go below zero on sky to rectify this. Someone might know?
The audio delay seems to happen with any content that's in dolby digital plus or atmos. PCM stereo sources, the audio comes on straight away theres no delay. This makes me think that maybe its something to do with the soundbars software, just takes a while initiate the decoding of the audio. Doesn't rather than a fault.

I spoke to richersounds, and they stated thayt the behaviour is normal.

Have you installed the latest firmware update in your soundbar?

Last edited:

AudioVisualfan1988

Yes I have. Ill have a tinker about tonight when I can get myself off COD Warzone :)
I had another look today. Found that devices that connected straight into the soundbar, dont have any issues at all. There just seems to be a delay between the tv and soundbar.

Another thing. Cant hear any difference between the sound modes though. Can you hear any difference?

What sounds modes do you use?

Last edited:

oldfart

Have had this now for a week and on the whole very happy as it replaced a Q Acoustics M3 and is a big improvement.

Another thing. Cant hear any difference between the sound modes though. Can you hear any difference?
I have to say the only sound modes where I can hear the difference is between Standard/3D surround all other modes cinema etc sound no different to me but could be my ageing ears?. Have also tried the Clear Dialogue settings and again no perceivable difference. To be fair have only used it connected to the Panasonic TV, Mainly Netflix/Amazon Prime and have not tried The DVD to HDMI 1 and Apple 4K to HDMI 2. And maybe the sound modes will make a difference with these.

Strangely yesterday got an error code,

“U704”
This system is receiving unsupported video format signal from the input source.
  • ≥ Change the video resolution setting on the
    connected device. (Refer to the operating
    instructions for the device.)
  • ≥ If there is no image, connect the device directly
    to the TV to change the settings.

The sound bar still worked and all I did was scroll through the input options on the remote to select the TV input. Can only assume was something to do with the Freesat signal and not happened since.

AudioVisualfan1988

Have had this now for a week and on the whole very happy as it replaced a Q Acoustics M3 and is a big improvement.

I have to say the only sound modes where I can hear the difference is between Standard/3D surround all other modes cinema etc sound no different to me but could be my ageing ears?. Have also tried the Clear Dialogue settings and again no perceivable difference. To be fair have only used it connected to the Panasonic TV, Mainly Netflix/Amazon Prime and have not tried The DVD to HDMI 1 and Apple 4K to HDMI 2. And maybe the sound modes will make a difference with these.

Strangely yesterday got an error code,

“U704”
This system is receiving unsupported video format signal from the input source.
  • ≥ Change the video resolution setting on the
    connected device. (Refer to the operating
    instructions for the device.)
  • ≥ If there is no image, connect the device directly
    to the TV to change the settings.

The sound bar still worked and all I did was scroll through the input options on the remote to select the TV input. Can only assume was something to do with the Freesat signal and not happened since.
I dont think it's your hears tbh. As the only sound modes I can hear the difference is standard and 3d as well, other sound modes, no difference no matter what the source is.

And its the same with clear dialogue, cant hear any difference.

Maybe with the sound modes and clear dialogue, it's just really subtle the changes it makes.

One thing I notice is with cinema mode it makes the sub more bassy. But that's it.

So tend to keep it in cinema mode. But I tend to switch off 3d sound for freeview tv.

Overall been quite impressed with it.

Last edited:

oldfart

At the end of the day we tend to find our favourite settings and stick to them and still better than crappy TV speakers. Just one more thing, To get sound modes like cinema I have to use the IOS app as it is not an option from the remote!.

AudioVisualfan1988

At the end of the day we tend to find our favourite settings and stick to them and still better than crappy TV speakers. Just one more thing, To get sound modes like cinema I have to use the IOS app as it is not an option from the remote!.
There is an app for the soundbar? Didnt know that. What's it called? Do have the panasonic htb900 soundbar?

To select sound modes with the remote. You have to press the sound button on the remote, then on display should say sound mode, press ok and then you can cycle through all the different modes.

oldfart

It is the Panasonic Music Control app and your are supposed to also download the Google Home app to set up the sound bar according to the manual.

Definitely the HTB900 and just scrolled through the options on the remote and as I said no Cinema option listed. It did update the firmware from switch on and perhaps some options have been disabled by the new firmware! but no big deal really.

AudioVisualfan1988

It is the Panasonic Music Control app and your are supposed to also download the Google Home app to set up the sound bar according to the manual.

Definitely the HTB900 and just scrolled through the options on the remote and as I said no Cinema option listed. It did update the firmware from switch on and perhaps some options have been disabled by the new firmware! but no big deal really.
Ah right,

I got the HTB700, so the app doesn't work with mine. The sound option must deactivate on the remote when using the app. But yeah, cant hear any difference between the sound modes, cinema/news/standard/stadium/music, they all sound the same, the only sound mode that makes a difference is 3d surround and straight. But when I do switch it from straight mode to any of the sound modes, the sound goes off briefly. So it must be doing something to it, but between the other sound modes cant hear any changes when cycle through them. the changes must be really subtle. But I supposed it can be a good thing, I'm not spending time comparing which mode sounds the best had.

toplad39

I have noticed an annoying issue with my 700. Sometimes when switching HDMI inputs it makes a awful screeching sound for about 5 seconds then works correct. I wonder if mine is faulty?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Top Bottom