Panasonic announces soundbars, SC-HTB900, SC-HTB700, SC-HTB510 for 2019

scrowe

Thank you for that very detailed review, echos what I thought listening in-store. Will you give us an update when you put a disk with Atmos through it.

I nearly bit the bullet on it last week when I spotted hughes selling it for £579 I see they are back up to £669 now.
Played a few scenes from Spider-Man:Homecoming 4k. There is definitely a filling the room effect in the set piece scenes, and the sound is impressive. But given Atmos is more around precise directional travel of sound, I cannot in all honesty certify it as Atmos-alike, but It was never going to deliver in that regard, as there are no rear or ceiling speakers in the equation,

thedoswells

Just to say that having had a few weeks with this bar, yesterday I was watching stranger things on Netflix, and it was the first time I really felt there was some good width and actually depth there.
At one point one pulsing sound was really separated and seemed to be coming distinctly to the right side of the unit.
There was also strong sound/channel separation, with real clarity.
I still haven’t heard much height, but never really expected to, but the sound is very full and rich and really fills the room.
I still feel for the price this is a very good unit, and I love using it for music from Spotify etc.
Very happy user still here

Barrovian

Has anyone paired the SC-HTB900 with last year's 55FZ802 OLED TV? I'm very interested in this, but am concerned the soundbar might obstruct the tv remote sensor and/or the bottom of the screen.

gazza7474

Has anyone paired the SC-HTB900 with last year's 55FZ802 OLED TV? I'm very interested in this, but am concerned the soundbar might obstruct the tv remote sensor and/or the bottom of the screen.
You may not have an issue but one of the user reviews on the Panasonic site details an issue with their setup. Apparently they got around the issue with the bundled IR blaster.

thedoswells

I have it paired with this year’s gz950 and it completely obstructs the tv remote sensor (but not the screen) but with the included ir blaster all remotes work flawlessly.

Barrovian

I have it paired with this year’s gz950 and it completely obstructs the tv remote sensor (but not the screen) but with the included ir blaster all remotes work flawlessly.
Could I be cheeky and ask if you could measure the distance between the screen and stand of your GZ and then be extra double cheeky and ask for some pictures of your 900 in situ, just to give me an idea of what it would be like?

thedoswells

Could I be cheeky and ask if you could measure the distance between the screen and stand of your GZ and then be extra double cheeky and ask for some pictures of your 900 in situ, just to give me an idea of what it would be like?
Very happy to do this, and will get it done this evening.
I’ll try to take a few pics as there is a difference between the bottom of the actual screen (including the bezel) and the bottom of the viewable screen. The bar doesn’t block my screen at all.
The other thing is that the soundbar doesn’t sit on the tv stand. The bar has a sort of ‘cut out’ section which kind of sits round the tv stand.
The 2 devices work so well together, and since I would say the picture on the 802 will be very similar to the 950, I imagine this would be a great pairing too, as long as the screen isn’t covered.
Cheers

thedoswells

5.9cm from bottom of TV to the stand
6.4cm from bottom of TV to the TV unit
8cm from bottom of the viewable screen to the stand
8.5cm from bottom of the viewable screen to the TV unit

Hopefully pics will help.
CheersIMG_20190917_184200.jpgIMG_20190917_184311.jpgIMG_20190917_184229.jpg

Barrovian

That’s really helpful, thank you. Having checked against my tv, if the ‘cut out’ on the underside of the Soundbar is wide enough to fit over the stand of my 55”FZ I’m in business, if not, the bar will obscure the bottom of the screen. I haven’t got enough room to place it forward of the stand so you know what I’m going to ask next don’t you? Would you mind measuring the width of your stand?:)

thedoswells

Yes I can do that. It’s hard to describe but my bar is slightly forward of the tv. Not because of the width of the stand but because of the depth of the stand from the front of the tv compared to how far the cutout is inset into the bar.
I had to take several measurements in the shop to make sure I could get it all to fit on my cabinet.
Sorry my previous pics look poor. I don’t know why as when I attached them they looked fine...

Barrovian

No, I've not heard it yet. I'm hoping JL or Richer have one in stock I can have a look (and listen to.)

thedoswells

No, I've not heard it yet. I'm hoping JL or Richer have one in stock I can have a look (and listen to.)
I listened to it in JL a fair bit before buying. Also compared it to lots of others. I’m pleased to say that it sounds a lot better at home than in JL :)

gazza7474

On the new podcast they discuss the review of the 900 so I guess a review will be up soon. You can click straight to it on the you tube version.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

Steelrat17

Novice Member
Hi all, if compare this sb with LG sl10y and Samsung q80, what you think better for films/some music. I haven't space for rear speakers, so I try to find best solution under 1k €

AudioVisualfan1988

Hi there,

Just need some clarification. I'm looking to buy the Panasonic SC-HTB700 soundbar. However, can someone confirm that the HDMI passthrough ports can support 4K 60p in HDR? As looking to connect my xbox one x directly into it.

Thanks.

scrowe

Hi there,

Just need some clarification. I'm looking to buy the Panasonic SC-HTB700 soundbar. However, can someone confirm that the HDMI passthrough ports can support 4K 60p in HDR? As looking to connect my xbox one x directly into it.

Thanks.
I would search for the review here on AVF, from memory the answer is yes, but they do not pass through dynamic HDR variants such as Dolby Vision, HDR10+ And presumably HLG.

AudioVisualfan1988

I would search for the review here on AVF, from memory the answer is yes, but they do not pass through dynamic HDR variants such as Dolby Vision, HDR10+ And presumably HLG.
Thanks for your response. The only review I found is for the sc-htb900, which states it HDMI's passthrough supports 4K 60p in HDR. However cannot find anything that confirms the HTB700 HDMI connections support this as well.

It most likely the HTB700 does support 4k 60p HDR passthrough. But would like to have confirmation before buying.

scrowe

Thanks for your response. The only review I found is for the sc-htb900, which states it HDMI's passthrough supports 4K 60p in HDR. However cannot find anything that confirms the HTB700 HDMI connections support this as well.

It most likely the HTB700 does support 4k 60p HDR passthrough. But would like to have confirmation before buying.
I suspect they have exactly the same chipset, only difference between this range is likely to be speaker power and ‘tuning’.

toplad39

Ive just purchased the HTB700 and should be here by Thursday. This was after many days researching and looking at customer comments. Where are you thinking of buying from Audiovisualfan?

AudioVisualfan1988

Ive just purchased the HTB700 and should be here by Thursday. This was after many days researching and looking at customer comments. Where are you thinking of buying from Audiovisualfan?
Looking to buy from richersounds. I've asked them the question as well about th HDMI passthrough. Waiting hear back. If confirmed I will he ordering it.

Theres no professional reviews for the 700, but seems to he getting alot of positive comment from people who own the 700 though.

toplad39

If you want to save some money it’s currently £269 with free delivery at Vaughan’s Electrical!
£282 on Amazon.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Latest News

QDC Blue Dragon earphones on sale in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299