Panasonic announces Flagship ZT Series

Nevaborn

vism said:
I feel an ST50 coming on
Wait and see what pq is like but its a good shout.

Only negatives with the tv is HDMI too far to left and line bleed. Be interesting to see about vbi too. Id still of demanded answers what happened to the fix. Lol

Mirheldt

Novice Member
No 4K and oled tv is really showing that panasonic is not pushing tech anymore.... really a let down.

Noting abt 3D as exspected .... :lesson:
I think the chance that there will be a 4k plasma in consumer line is highly unlikely. Given the strict rules about power consumption in nowadays sets we can just forget about it, perhaps small scintilla of hope is in their prosumer VX line. I cant imagine what would be the consumption for such a 4k 70'' power hog though.

Nevaborn

Mirheldt said:
I think the chance that there will be a 4k plasma in consumer line is highly unlikely. Given the strict rules about power consumption in nowadays sets we can just forget about it, perhaps small scintilla of hope is in their prosumer VX line. I cant imagine what would be the consumption for such a 4k 70'' power hog though.
Perhaps they can release them as pro tech which just happens to be available from selected retailers across the country including Panasonic stores lol

Nevaborn

Scooby2000 said:
Reminds me of the Honda badge.
I quite like it, modern and not Samsung.
Only thing Im thinking is because the back actual stand is more visible is the new tv slightly higher off its base than the 50 series. The style isnt my preference but if stable is a mile better than the Samsung ark stand lol.

Mirheldt

Novice Member
First time ive ever agreed with you.

They look down right unsafe. Little v shape thing =s

The 50 series stand was fine. It seems all design and gimicks.

Tho i did catch mention of fastest refresh rates ever or summat. So what they going to say 3500hz refresh or something lol.
Do you really guys think is that bad? I think its quite OK. Have u seen WT60 series stand? To me that is a real disaster, just dont know what's worse if this or WT50's crescent or Sammy's chicken leg. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Nevaborn

Mirheldt said:
Do you really guys think is that bad? I think its quite OK. Have u seen WT60 series stand? To me that is a real disaster, just dont know what's worse if this or WT50's crescent of Sammy's chicken leg. :rotfl:
I call the 2012 Sammy one the ark lol. The WT is just ... No. This stand feels pointless to change as from what ive seen ( not much ) looks like theyve taken old one and cut a chunk out of the middle, so im left questions stability lol.

Mirheldt

Novice Member
I call the 2012 Sammy one the ark lol. The WT is just ... No. This stand feels pointless to change as from what ive seen ( not much ) looks like theyve taken old one and cut a chunk out of the middle, so im left questions stability lol.
They just destined to be hanged on the wall or they should sell it with the Wall included. Lol

Nevaborn

Mirheldt said:
They just destined to be hanged on the wall or they should sell it with the Wall included. Lol
Wall mount already attached lol

Steve Honest

Standard Member
HI CHaps

My ZT just got delivered this morning and im in the process of trying to get somebody round to help me get it on its stand.

This is a major upgrade for me, I bought a Samsung plasma about 6 years ago and the ZT replaces a really good Sony CRT which i bought 11 years ago.

I read a lot of stuff about the ZT and i choose it over waiting for a 4k TV, as i work in motion picture and im not sure if now is the right time to buy 4 k kit,
we shoot in 4 and 6 k on a Red camera but tend to end up in HD for output in post, HD was stressful enough for TV and FIlm makers as it took no Prisoners when it came to set building and make up on performers, I imagine 4k in the home will be worse for us.

I have a friend who knows about TV calibration hopefully coming over this evening to give it its first set up, but he tells me it wil need another tweak in about 200 hours of screen time, hopefully by then some calibration settings will have been posted as start points.

anybody in the EC1 area that wants to come and have a look at it is welcome to drop by, my audio and Blueray is not that amazing, but if you wanna see what the screens like your very welcome.

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom