• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic announce 3 new cameras

HMHB

Distinguished Member
There are some interesting looking cameras see here I'd be very interested to see what the reviewers make of the FZ200 which has a 25-600mm constant f/2.8 aperture Leica Elmarit lens :)

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
I'm disappointed with the LX7 as I think in the current market it's not that impressive for the high price tag, the Samsung EX2F took a bit of thunder away with announcing their F1.4 camera first and it does seem to have very similar spec plus wi-fi and the rotating screen. I haven't seen the UK price for the Samsung but they recently announced the price was going to be $499 rather than the original $549 so the Samsung could well undercut the Panasonic. There's also the heated competition between the mirrorless cameras and the newly announced Sony RX100 the latter of which is more interesting to me at the moment. The LX3 was an impressive camera in its time which effectively created a new market segment, the LX5 was a slight update of that so was hoping the LX7 might be something a bit more for the new state of the market.

John

shotokan101

Banned
Also very disappointed in the LX7 :( I'd have preferred to see a larger sensor over the F1.4 myself and also a better zoom range - interesting that they also stuck with 10 Mpix....

D

Deleted member 27989

shotokan101 said:
Also very disappointed in the LX7 :( I'd have preferred to see a larger sensor over the F1.4 myself and also a better zoom range - interesting that they also stuck with 10 Mpix....

Different sensor though :) dedicated aperture right, and back control wheel should be nice for manual control.

shotokan101

Banned
Different sensor though :) dedicated aperture right, and back control wheel should be nice for manual control.

LX5 already has the rear control wheel and what the sensor improvements may turn out to be will be interesting to see :)

D

Deleted member 27989

shotokan101 said:
LX5 already has the rear control wheel and what the sensor improvements may turn out to be will be interesting to see :)

True my sentence was crooked. I meant to say the new aperture ring around the lens in combination with the rear control wheel :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom