1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic and Sony Projection Screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lscolman, Jul 15, 2004.

1. lscolman

lscolman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi,

Looking for some advice on which starter screen is better between the Panasonic 72" (£80) or the Sony 70" (£100). Both are available from Techtronics.

Could anyone who has had these screens advise please?

Thanks in advance

Lee

2. Fonzerelli

Fonzerelli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. lscolman

lscolman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi Fonzy,

Looking at their web site the equivalent models (Easy range) start from £376!

Can you advise why these screens are good? I just bought a Sanyo Z1 and would like a screen which will do a good job for me.

Cheers, Lee

4. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,184
    If I understand correctly the DRH Easy range are portable, collapseable/self supporting designed to be packed away when not in use.
    The screens at http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/6593-000-screens.html (apart from being poorly illustrated and described) are described as 'manual' and 'pull down' which means they are designed to be attached to the wall or ceiling and rolled down like a roller blind. These are closer to the slimline or regular at DRH which are very similar in price to the ones you've looked at.

5. Fonzerelli

Fonzerelli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Lee as AMC said its the easy range you want to be looking at, i got mine from them and i have to say its absolutley fantastic for the money, build quality is spot on and picture from my PTAE300 is simply superb. other makes to look at are draper and bemaxxed who all do budget screens :)