1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

......panasonic And Philips May Not Be Good Friends Afterall........!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ciccio777, Jan 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Ciccio777

Ciccio777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right,after been using my old trustful Philips 21in for 5 years,
    I`ve decided to change for a newer model,a widescreen.
    Competition is greater than I ever remembered,so in doubt I`ve been buying TV magazines for 3 months,reading hundreds of tests the decision was almost made:Toshiba 32ZD26P or Philips32PW9527C......!
    Was a quick call,I`ve NEVER EVER BEEN LET DOWN BY MY OLD SET,and because the performance is about the same(Tosh. accepts composite as well,bear in mind) I trustfully went for the Philips;Got it from John Lewis store,same high street price as Comet etc.etc. but 5 free years of warranty as bonus(1300 pounds).
    I`ve got it days before Christmas and been outstunned by the pic. quality,especially from DVD`s..............:eek: !!
    I`ve learned that Pixel Plus altough doesn`t give me too many problems,it`s best to keep it swithed off in most of cases,unless you`re wathing documentaries,soap,nothing too fast-moving across the screen,but REALLY gives its best in CGI movies,try it on Final Fantasy and you and your friends will be blown away....!!!!
    OK,fair enough,Pixel Plus has to be used with caution,not too much of a problem becauseimages are still very nice even in simple100Hz mode only,reccomended for DVD`s.
    Now the point:suddenly 5 days ago the TV restarted without warning,just momenteraly,tought it was a power failure,so no big drama......BUT THEN DISASTER!!!!!!!!!!!
    The TV rebooted again,just in time for my heart to pump again.........this time electrcity was not an option,the TV let me down!!!!!
    Then suddenly all worked fine for a couple of days until watching a movie the TV restarted again,and again,and again..........my wife shouted..."....BEST TV IN THE WORLD,EH....?!?" only to notice that not only my eyes were red not of anger but of DEFEAT,also the sreen wasn`t right.....now the tellie has also got about 30 tiny HORIZONTAL RED LINES all perfectly distinded in dark images.............:confused:
    Now,I`ve tryed to take some pictures but they`re too small for my camera to pick up,but believe me they`re all there since then,no matter how I`ve tryed to change settings.....only thing to do was to call John Lewis just hear a voice of doubt from the staff themselves when I`ve told them I had a problem after 3 weeks.........they`ll send me somebody to have a look at it first,then if they`ll be not able to fix the problemthey`ll take it away........
    Now I tough I was one-a-thousand problem,and because it worked so well,I felt better,the`ll fix it......and for pure case I came here and can see sooooo many people with the same problem that I just felt worse and worse and under a close look I`ve noticed the infamous BLACK LINES AS WELL........:devil:
    Now,I feel like a :clown: ,we`ll see what happends,I`ll give it one more chance,but if not I`ll probably go for the Tosh.,I had a good look and looks superb as well as the PP when working well.......we`ll see!!!
    I hope to anybody reading this to be helpful,the Philips is a great TV,perhaps just been rushed out too quikly I guess........I`m not an happy chappy at all but I`ll try to be tolerant........
    For anybody looking for this set I can only suggest to wait a few monts before fork out the hard earned cash,I`ve heard that the screens have been made from PANASONIC,and soon will be made from Philips themselves........Was an act of revenge from Panasonic or what.........I`ll let you know soon what has happened.Sorry for the bad-silly writing,I`m Italian afterall...:eek:

2. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you liked the philips, why not get another, although the philips is my least favourite set, the reliability may be a one off.
    The Tosh, though, on coposite input is very good.
    As for my Italian, well, bella pasta!

My TV Sony fs76