• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic All in one

TEROKNOR

I was looking around and found this model SCPT460EB I was wondering is this is a new model and is it any goog?
Thanks.

TEROKNOR

it is one of the new models if memory serves correctly

and do you need the use of the optical ??
No I don't need the optical. I will connecting this up to my $42 panny and sky+ unit.
So just HDMI and scart.

No I don't need the optical. I will connecting this up to my $42 panny and sky+ unit.
So just HDMI and scart.

so you will need the optical then has sky+ connects to system via optical the hdmi will go to the tv and sky+ will go from the scart to the TV not the system the optical will go to the system to the Sky+

:smashin:

oh and for just Sky plus the system is ok

TEROKNOR

so you will need the optical then has sky+ connects to system via optical the hdmi will go to the tv and sky+ will go from the scart to the TV not the system the optical will go to the system to the Sky+

:smashin:

oh and for just Sky plus the system is ok
Great thanks for that. I assume (and hope) that this model comes with a optical output?
How much do this cables cost?

TEROKNOR

hi mate the optical will be Input Not output also my optical cables which are top notch came off ebay for approx £5 max:smashin:

Input, Output come on! I know what i meant :rolleyes:
Thanks for your input (god here I go again) LOL!!!

What do you think of the system itself?? I's it a decent system??

Input, Output come on! I know what i meant :rolleyes:
Thanks for your input (god here I go again) LOL!!!

What do you think of the system itself?? I's it a decent system??

hi mate i dont personally down own it mate my INput was coming off experience off a previous panasonic system:smashin:

TEROKNOR

the specs apart from the ipod bit are the same has the one i had mate the sc-pt550 system

Oh that's good I was looking at the PT550 model a couple of months back. My only issue is where to put the rear speakers as I have not got a lot of space on the wall behind.
Can you recomend somewhere/one you could advise me??

TEROKNOR

I have just discovered that the speakers with this systems are hard wired into the speakers.
What a load of pants, how 1980's is that?!?!?
Would there be an issue connecting an extension to them??

Aleem

I have just discovered that the speakers with this systems are hard wired into the speakers.
What a load of pants, how 1980's is that?!?!?
Would there be an issue connecting an extension to them??

Soldered joints and some heat-shrink sheath would sort it. Just remember to slide the heat-shrink over the cable before you solder. Once the joint is soldered, slide it over join and heat up with a hair drier/hot-air gun (with care).

TEROKNOR

Soldered joints and some heat-shrink sheath would sort it. Just remember to slide the heat-shrink over the cable before you solder. Once the joint is soldered, slide it over join and heat up with a hair drier/hot-air gun (with care).

Oh sounds a bit to technical to me. What about just connecting the cable via old fashion choc block??

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom