Panasonic AE900 with PS2 s-video

Edt

Established Member
Reaction score
Spent little while tonight dusting down the ol' PS2 now that my projector is set up better. Used my tried & tested S-video cable straight into the 900. The picture was fine when no motion on-screen, but with motion (was trying GT4) it didnt seem to handle the video fields well. almost like was try to de-interlace but not making a grand job of it... blocky results (yup words fail me at the mo).

I'll have to try & dig up another s-video source to try it with tomorrow, but anyone got any thoughts? Perhaps there's a better connection available for a PS2 will look into it

Ed

You can get a component connecter from 'game' for about £10 that makes a huge differance in the PQ from the ps2.
I use to connect the ps2 to my ae700 by the scart lead but always found it a bit to blocky for my tastes, the component lead solved all that though.

welll...

I had an xbox, on scart connection on 120" and it looked great...
in project gotham
halo
nba live 2006

superb in xbox 360 RGB

a lil blury on ps2 pro evo 5...
but did not try to change that... straight into play... and from scart again..

right then.. componenet lead arrived today lets see.....

Well how good is it?

Go on say it's brilliant...It's alright I'm thinking about buying a ae900 or a hitachi....very soon..:D

Is there really much of an imnprovement? I was thinking about upgrading from S-Video myself, but didn't think the pic was that bad as is.

well, its still 'video' of course .. but is more stable.. less blocky.. difficult to describe (for me anyhow) but is better. If only a PS2 would do prog scan !
Got 5.1 audio going now too GT4 is effing excellent

Ed

My pal has similar setup but with a Yamaha LPX 500 (I think ) LCD proj.. better picture & think he has some sort of doubler on the go
Ed

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom