Panasonic AE900 Price Drop - When?

Gadgetgeezer

Standard Member
Question as per title. Have built my home cinema but currently saving for this projector. Have heard that the price will drop, but anybody know when or by how much?

Regards

Spencer

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
Just seen it on sound and vision for £899 which is about £120 less than the last time I looked. I was saving up for one, but decided to get a larger main TV instead.......

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

VirusKiller

We're expecting (hoping?) that a new Panny model will be announced at Cedia in September, so that may cue the stock clearances...

benji_m

Novice Member
Retailers are below £trade as it is on the AE900.

My guess and my feeling from talking to Panasonic is they will just shop shipping the 900 a few months before the next one puts in an appearance!

infinite_loop

Novice Member
benji_m said:

My guess and my feeling from talking to Panasonic is they will just shop shipping the 900 a few months before the next one puts in an appearance!

sorry to butt in on an AE900 thread, but I see you're a Themescene dealer....

have you any idea why I can't see the DCDi menu on my HD72i, whichever input i'm on? I'm feeding it Sky HD via HDMI and progressive DVD component, so i'm not surprised it's hidden on 576p sources, but when it's 1080i I should see it, don't you think?

VirusKiller

IIRC, DCDi is only a SD deinterlacing piece of functionality, so it won't be applied to 1080i sources (shame!). Try feeding the PJ a 576i signal to see if the menu appears...

VirusKiller

benji_m said:
So what's the deal Ben? This doesn't make sense for anyone (apart from happy Panny bargain hunters...).

Edit: I'm currently waiting for the Cedia announcements, but heck, I must admit I'm tempted to drop a grand on an AE900...

michael.redfern

£885 delivered from Digital Direct. Admittedly you don't get the pixel check etc that DiscountAV/RoyJowett/Ivojo etc give, but much cheapness.

infinite_loop

Novice Member
VirusKiller said:
IIRC, DCDi is only a SD deinterlacing piece of functionality, so it won't be applied to 1080i sources (shame!). Try feeding the PJ a 576i signal to see if the menu appears...

ahhh... I did wonder. I can't get a 576i feed outta my Sky HDMI connector...i'd need to do some kind of Scart RGB-VGA adaptor nonsense. I wish I knew it would be worth it! I'll force my DVD to interlace on the component to see how good it is or isn't . Ta!

VirusKiller

You can get 576i out of the Thomson SkyHD box if you can edit the EDID list. I'm not sure if this can be done with the Panny. There's a longish current thread in the Scaler / Prog Scan forum.

benji_m

Novice Member
Indeed,

Having knowledge of roughly what other dealers pay for things, it's a suicidal price that can only benefit consumers. Assuming they have them and assuming they are UK (stock is tight atm) then that's a good initial deal for that model.

You can't be the absolute cheapest all the time :)

VirusKiller

Thanks Ben. Veering slightly OT, what's the VB and panel uniformity like on the AE900 these days?

neeek

Novice Member
Hmm.. This one's a bit tricky. If the AE1100 is 1080p and around £1500, then I definitely want one. But what happens if it isn't and stock of the AE900 runs out in the meantime? Sweaty palms time...

N

nickn5

KelvinS1965 said:
Just seen it on sound and vision for £899 which is about £120 less than the last time I looked. I was saving up for one, but decided to get a larger main TV instead.......

Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Now on Sound and Vision AND Digital Direct for £885 delivered... seems like a good time to get it... :thumbsup:

N. :)

benji_m

Novice Member
Same company same stock I belive :)

Everything has been universally problem free on the 900 as far as I am aware. No real VB to speak of, and panel allignment is fine!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom