Panasonic AE700 pictures (close-ups?)

F

Fluffy-Bunny

Hey there chaps,

I am considering a new PJ upgrade to replace my current AE300 and am thinking about plumping for a AE700 when the AE900 comes out (and the price drops).

I have not seen any pictures of the AE700 in action, particuarly close up.

Does anyone have, or know of any pictures which show images projected from the AE700 really close up?

I'm really looking for the screendoor, or (lack thereof).

Also, if anyone has any pictures of the projector displaying 720P images, that too would be great!

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

Pictures really dont show anything but I had the ae300 for over a year and then went for the 700 when it first come out and two things a greatly improved first contrast and shadow detail is a big leap and screendoor is not an issue.

Would you say its been a worthy upgrade in you're case?

I'm half thinking about waiting for the AE900, but might not be able to resist the 700 at sub £999 prices...

Fluffy-Bunny said:
might not be able to resist the 700 at sub £999 prices...

The Z3 was available for £800 odd with free 2nd lamp & 3 year warranty! How did you miss that?

:D

Fluffy-Bunny said:
...but might not be able to resist the 700 at sub £999 prices...

I'm sure it's available now for sub £999 prices if you look around...PJ

Panasonic seem to have pulled it off this time. All AE700's are gone from main UK stock and most dealers have seen stock fly out at increasing rates, £999 was the artificially low loss making target hitting stock clearing price for the (UK) AE700! We certainly have none left (which is a minor miracle looking at what happened last time round, the time before that and the time before that!)

We'd have loved to get our hands on some tasty deals on the 700 but Panasonic have basically bought what they needed from the factory, and are now pushing preorders for the 900.

benji_m said:
All AE700's are gone from main UK stock

Jeez. Most Z3's and 700's gone?! :eek: Someone may need to take drastic action and buy a TX100!
...PJ ;)

benji_m said:
Panasonic seem to have pulled it off this time. All AE700's are gone from main UK stock and most dealers have seen stock fly out at increasing rates, £999 was the artificially low loss making target hitting stock clearing price for the (UK) AE700! We certainly have none left (which is a minor miracle looking at what happened last time round, the time before that and the time before that!)

We'd have loved to get our hands on some tasty deals on the 700 but Panasonic have basically bought what they needed from the factory, and are now pushing preorders for the 900.

Really?

So there are no more AE700's ?

The item is still shown on you're site... :confused:

Just 1 x Ex Demo @ 250hrs, apart from that none whatsoever. It's a shame as it was actually increasing in popularity towards the end.

foghorn said:
Or buy yours. :D

Foghorn

Aw you saw straight through me Fogs...PJ :D

Hi

Back to the original question....

There is basically no screen door on the AE700 (I practicallly sit on top of my screen!)

However the VB issue on the AE700 drives me NUTS!! If there are no reports of VB on the AE900 I'd jump at it, certainly would be a HUGE upgrade over the AE300.

hope that helps, I could take pictures of the projected image close up, but I don't think it would show very much, basically you have what looks almost like an anti aliased blur between an set of pixels. In PC terms like a AA filter has been taken but only applied to the gaps rather than the whole image. I don't know how the technology actually works, but it works VERY well indeed.

We are thinking around £1299 web price at the moment, with all the usuals (pixel checks, dems, free delivery) I expect that to be the 'floor' price no retailer can get below, but we'll see!

As for VB, it was an issue for some of the earlier AE700's, we quite a few actually. Although the 1.07 rev seemed to sort that out almost totally, which is nice!

Digital direct have still got stock of AE700's. Just ordered from them to upgrade from the AE300.

Just hoping the blurring on pans is less than on the 300.

Now to flog it on E bay...

I know the OP is a long time Panasonic owner but while there is still limited stock of the Z3 available at well under the OP's desired price I realy think the OP should forget the Panasonics and go and hunt out a Sanyo Z3 - with filters there is NO vertical banding, easy to position, easy to clean dust (hurricaine blower supplied), three years warranty not one! if you want an objective opinion read some of TX100's posts on the topic! :)

benji_m said:
We are thinking around £1299 web price at the moment, with all the usuals (pixel checks, dems, free delivery) I expect that to be the 'floor' price no retailer can get below, but we'll see!

As for VB, it was an issue for some of the earlier AE700's, we quite a few actually. Although the 1.07 rev seemed to sort that out almost totally, which is nice!

Hi Benji,

When will the AE900 be available to pre-order from Discount TV???

Jonny

Hi Jonny/Fluffy-Bunny,

We are looking to get our order confirmed today/tomorrow with £1299.99 pixel checked being the target price, preordering being available straight after that. :)

Of course, in the interests of fairness I must stress that any retailer with anything about them will have ordered too, but I can't comment on their pricing/service level structure!

Thanks for the question

Ben

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom