1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AE700 pal60 xbox problem please help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by toxicmango, Jan 9, 2005.

1. toxicmango

toxicmango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I am looking to buy a projector to play the xbox (i live in the uk with a pal xbox). i demoed the 4805 which seemed great. when i went to the panny shop to demo the ae700, at first it could not read the svide connection so i connected it to the rgb scart. When i di that the picture was not correct as the end of the right side of the picture was at the beginning of the left hand side (hope that made sense). When i changed the mode on the xbox to 50hz it sorted out the problem but the quality when compared to infocus was bad (probably as it was on 50hz). Can the panny ae700 play the xbox on 60hz as the infocus picked it up automatically.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes it can. It is possible the xbox was not entirely set up right.

I have mine connected by Component and have changed the region to NTSC to allow Hidef, I am very happy with it.

3. toxicmango

toxicmango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply. however i have a pal xbox - cannot get component video cables for it. also cannot select ntsc option for the xbox as it is set on pal.

4. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    please read up on this before posting again, it is all doable and there have been plenty of thread about exactly this, both in this forum and in the console forum.

5. Argentoisgod

Argentoisgod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

You can find component cables for your xbox in any decent independent games/console stockist i know this because i work in one

6. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit of a harsh reply explicitlyrics, out of the box a PAL x-box cannot display through component and the only way to do so is by illegal modification of the console.

I had some strange experiences with PAL-60 on my Dreamcast and AE700, the picture was all broken up but via s-video (which allows selection of TV mode) it almost returned to normal, except for a flickering portion along the top 10% of the image.

Also, decent independent console shops are few and far between, so finding a component cable is not that easy.

7. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Also if the guy goes on X-box live and uses a modded machine he could(will) get banned from it.

8. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    eh?? I don't understand this, granted you don't get the adapter in the box but no modification illegal or otherwise is necessary for the xbox to output component video. All you need is an advanced connections pack available from many places including some Game stores and I'm sure ebay would supply!!

Apologies but I have my xbox working perfectly with component with no modification at all!!

9. Gilbers

Gilbers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Noel-pilot is absolutely right, "out of the box" a PAL Xbox can display via component - you just need the appropriate lead. I know beacuse I have done it.

You only need to mod the console to enable progressive scan and/or hi-def video modes. Interlaced output will work just fine.

10. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry when I said component output I should have been clearer and said ntsc output is not possible, after all that's what the topic was about...

it's just the most people who mod the console to ntsc do so to make use of prog scan over component, so I blurred the two things in my mind.

11. Gilbers

Gilbers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Oops, I missed that it was 60hz that toxicmango was after - that will teach me not to read the whole thread carefully.

That said, 50hz via component works fine with my Sanyo Z2 and to be honest the difference when I switch to 60hz ntsc is not really that great. Now 720p is a different matter, but unfortunately only a couple of games support it.

12. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    With hindsight, yes it was a little harsh.. Sorry.

When he said he couldnt get component cables and couldnt set it to NTSC mode, it appeared he had said so without checking (Given a search for 'component xbox cables' yields thousands of results on google).

Anyway, must have been a bad day :p

13. toxicmango

toxicmango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello all and thanks for the replies

- i know about componentvideo/ntsc - but i am not interested in modifyingthe xbox because of live play. The things was that i auditioned a panasonic ae700 and it could not play the xbox on 60hz only on 50hz. The infocus 4805 picked up the 60hz straight away. The twomodes make a difference to the game. If the panasonic cannot display 60hs i will buy a infocus instead