Panasonic AE700 on the way.....

Yeah come on benji_m...I can't wait to order too much longer...don't want to go somewhere else without considering you though as I'm sure we'd all love to give you the business if the price is right :)

Please someone tell me there is stock coming soon very soon I just sold my pany ae300 in the classifields she is leaving me tonite :( I cant live to long without a pj

why with the technology of today are we being told that availability is 'sometime within 2 weeks' - this was the reply from AV-sales.
AVLAND thought that it would be Wednesday, but now they don't know!

Is this a marketing technique from the manufacturers? If it is, its is really starting to annoy me!

But hey, looks like it could be a stonking projector. I am tempted to buy blind.

Anyone seen it in action yet?

So I can get an upconverting all singing and dancing DVD with HDMI for £220 but to connect it to a projector I have to spend £140 ! Thats madness :censored:

You can pay as little as £15+VAT for a 10m DVI lead, it won't work though!! Horrible sparklies and possibly drop-outs (or at high resolutions it just won't work at all).

I'll remove my foot from my mouth now :blush:

Although the same is still true to a degree. There is some error correction built into HDMI ports to recover lost data over long runs but I still wouldn't be very confident of the cheaper cables being able to keep it together, especially for higher resolution 720p signals. The quality of ports on both source and display makes some difference.

Liam,

What would you recommend for something up to 5m run from a pc dvi into hdmi (e.g. for an AE700)?

Also do you plan to stock AE700 and if you do anyway in which I could come down and see it in action?

Also general question to everyone - is there going to be a UK equivalent of the Cedia Expo as was in the US during the past weekend.

Thanks.

Tried, and am happily using a, Lindy 10m DVI from a couple of sources to a TX100 - not a single sparky ever. I'd suspect their 10m HDMI would also be of a similar high quality. 15m is more of a challenge i'd imagine..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom