panasonic ae700 flickering

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bluesilver, Mar 20, 2006.

1. bluesilver

bluesilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    hi all,

I've noticed that my ae700 pj flickers fairly often. From what I searched on here, it seems some people have had it too, but I don't know if anyone has found out why it happens or how to fix it.
    Anyone got any ideas?

2. pez

pez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Panasonic took a look at my ae500 twice and said they couldnt see it.

its not so visible during movies, especially if i place the projector a long way from the screen and go uber big with the image, but if its a relatively small screen that im projecting onto, then i can generally make it out.

very annoying.

pez

3. bluesilver

bluesilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    cheers pez.

it is werid, the whole picture just flickers for a second or two, sometimes with a couple of other flickers within quick succession, sometime it doesn't happen for another 30 minutes.
    This seems to happen just with dvds, but that I don't watch that much tv through it so it could happen then too.

4. paulmcp2403

paulmcp2403

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    hi,

try checking all connections...I know it sounds ridiculously simple...but it oftne works...also power the unit down fully at the mains and restart. Check for any sources of electrical interference....strange ...but it happens...

We cna take it form there.

ps - Q - what conention are you using - scart, hdmi etc...?

5. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    I had this after about 800 hours on the lamp. I found some references on here that said to leave it running for 12-16 hours continously. I watched 3-4 movies on the trot one night, lasting 9-10 hours and viola, the flickering disappeared. :cool:

Apparantelly its got something to do with material building up on the inside of the bulb causing arcing. Running it for a really long time burns of the excess material.

Now at 1100 hours and it's started again so am preparing to do another long session. I am concerned though that eventually this isn't going to work as its an indication the bulb is on its last legs.

6. Nikumba

Nikumba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Are you watching DVDs through HDMI?? If so find out what firmware you are using if it is beliw 1.07 get a call into Panasonic qnd tell them you have hdmi flicker, they pick it up give new firmware and that should stop the problem

Nikumba