1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AE500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by higenbs1, Apr 28, 2004.

1. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Have recently purchased and am well impressed.

However, I have a query about the Scart AV1 input. I know it accepts RGB signals, but does it also accept S-Video and Composite via the same input. My Panasonic DVD player can output all three on the same Scart socket, so I know it's possible.

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    You've got the DVD player to test it and you've got the Projector so give it a go!! I'm pretty sure it will work with any signal but only one way to know for sure...

3. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Fair enough - but I'm at work at the moment, and was considering getting a 10m S-Vid and 10m composite cable at lunchtime. If the SCART could handle all 3, then I wouldn't need to bother

4. 2 Point

2 Point

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the AE300 and run my video (non SVHS, therefore composite) through a freeview box. I'm assuming the freeview box is just passing through the composite video signal so yes, the AV1 socket does accept composite. I've got a S-Video/Scart scoket at home, I could check out the S-Video input on AV1 for you tonight.

5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I would test out all options before definitely buying the long cables, if it's anything like the plasma you may find that SVHS is better into the SVHS socket than the scart socket etc.....

6. William

William
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    According to the manual (both specs for AV1 input (SCART)and wiring diagram), it will only accept RGB and composite video on the scart input. S Video will only be on the S Video socket.

Hope this helps

William