Panasonic Ae500 not working with Playstation 3?

C

Contender

I'm trying to connect my Playstation 3 to my Panasonic PT-AE500E. The PS3 has been running on my LCD in 1080p correctly and now I want to try it on the projector which is supposed to be HDCP compliant. But I can't get a picture out of it.

My Panasonic PT-AE500E has a DVI port, - from Ebay I bought a a DVI to HDMI converter - but it just gave me a black screen on the projector which refused to acknowledge a signal! (in any mode).
I also bought a lead of a DVI to HDMI - again just the black screen.

Does anyone have any ideas or has managed to get the Panny500 to display the PS3 properly?
I did a search of this forum and I think people are saying to try the component way (but that's already being used on my projector), so I'd prefer to get the
DVI port working, any ideas?

Does the PS3 display 1080i over component anyway?

Any help appreciated. Thanks - Moss

Simple one this, reconnect your PS3 to the LCD TV, turn off 1080P (leave 1080i & 720P on), take PS3 back to the AE500 & put on Motorstorm, drool !

:D

Paul you could become my new best friend :clap:

Thankyou! :thumbsup:

I'm stuck at work now waiting for 5.30 so that I can give it a try!
Let's hope the boss has an afternoon meeting so i can sneak out!:smashin:

No luck :( :( :(

Using the LCD, I set the HDMI output by turning off the 1080p leaving on the 720, 1080i and the 576 (its on by default and cant be turned off). At this point the display seemed to be in black and white on the LCD. Saved all my settings and checked it was left at 1080i.

Pluged the ps3 lead into my dvi adaptor - still no signal seen by the projector on dvi auto mode. Changed to a dedicated hdmi to dvi lead and tried again. Still the projector just continues to flash "auto dvi" and doesnt find a signal.

Are you sure theres nothing else I need to do? maybe something on the projector :( I had motostorm all ready aswell :(

There are two EDID Settings in the AE500 - try the other one? It definitely works as I have the exact same setup.

Stay positive, it will work when you get home tonight!

:thumbsup:

I might be missing something here. Edid settings?
Do I need to configure something on the projector?
Im just clicking on the third button onthe remote (the one for PC/DVI) input - tried clicking it twice to cycle through the options. Ie click on it wait a few minutes it flashes "pc input" then tried "dvi". Not a sausage :(

aaahh i think this cud be it...just googled it...

Use the AE500's remote to switch to another video input (video or cmpnt) and then switch back to the DVI input (by pressing the 'PC' button). This will re-sync the projector to the new resolution.

Press the 'Menu' button on the AE500's remote and select 'Picture'. The menu should display 'WIDE720' as the current signal mode (if the signal is displayed as 750P, go to the 'Option' menu and change the 'EDID' setting to 'EDID2'). Congratulations, your Momitsu and AE500 are now mapped for 1:1 resolution at 60Hz. Enjoy!

I havent done that, i think thats what you mean right Paul?

Yep thats it - Good luck!

:smashin:

no luck

on the dvi signal feed, when you press menu there is a picture option but the option can't bepressed (im guessing its not getting a signal?)

With my component port connected to a dvd player, the same option gives me a picture set of menus, where i can change contract bright colour etc, signal mode is listed as 625p but cant actually be changed. This option can not be got to on the dvdi signal anway :(

There is a way to reset the PS3 video options - Google it, select 720p & 1080i & then you will be OK.

:clap:

Tried that already, found it by keeping eject and on depressed, then on again. Nothing.

This isnt happening and im 5 minutes away from taking a hammer to the the500!

The Ae500 just won find a signal, im hoping its not a firmware needed to be updated issue or something as this isnt happening :(

I have a 2004 PJ & have never updated firmware.

• Are you sure the PS3 reset worked?
  • Is 1080P now definitely off using LCD TV to view?
  • Have you tried both EDIDs with both leads (all combinations)?

It simply has to work one way or another.

:cool:

yeah its definately on 1080i checked on the lcd
tried both sets of leads too

I cant actually change the EDIDS, I cant find an option specifically called "edid" but the "picture" option cant be chosen on the dvi anyway

Can the PS3 do component? Might be worth a bash?

I was using an HDMI DVD Player earlier, I hit menu, then options & then changed EDID from 1 to 2. Are you saying that this is greyed out when using a PS3?

:rolleyes:

unfortunately the only hdmi thing i have besides a tele, is the ps3
on the panny projector it flashes "auto dvi" presses menu options here, does not give you an option of "edid". If you try to click "picture" which is there, it doesnt do anything - the option is like it is locked cos it cant get a signal or something, as it does work of component for the dvd player that is connected/on.

It almost sounds like i need a "valid" hdmi signal to be able to set the edid to the other edid option

From memory the EDID Setings are for "PC Signals" & "Video Signals" - Can you change your PS3 (using the TV) to only output 480P (640 x 480) which is a PC Signal. It may then let you alter it to EDID 2?

Good luck!

wahooooooo!:thumbsup: :smashin: :D
I got it working but only on component! Took Stripes last ditch suggestion and went to Game to get the right lead.....plugged it in and worked right off the bat, with the default settings.

Thanks to you guys for all the help, totally appreciate it!
Am satisified that I'm at least getting it to work (still havent worked out what was wrong with the dvi method, but never mind!)

Was testing out for the first time ever then, blue ray on the projecor, it looks ok.....but will need to adjust the flicker mode as I noticed a bit of banding.......but worse then that, as I watched it I released it wasn't the new JVC player which I'd seen show to me earlier! .........typical as soon as you get one thing working you want the next............!:devil: :D

cheers
Guys

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom