Panasonic AE500 DVI fault?

craigyl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Praying someone can help. I had a Philips 5900 DVD connected by a 10m HDMI-DVI cable to my AE500, a couple of months ago the player would crash after a couple of mins so I sent the player back as I read about the very same fault on these forums.

Anyway I bought a Philips 5960 as it was cheap and I can only wait so long for a new player. Hooked it all up and the same problem! So I thought it must be the cable so after much hassle with moving the cable as it was routed all the way round the room, I plugged it into my TV, no problem at all

Which leads me to the problem and its the worst possible outcome, its the projector. I've tried everything I can think of but the picture just stops and the screen goes black (it actually alternates between black and a couple of shades lighter).

Has anyone come across this problem? Is there firmware I can try?

I should add all other inputs are fine, just DVI that has the problem

Have you got something else to try the DVI connection on, such as a TV or monitor?

Also what have you set the scaling set on the player?

There are two EDID settings for DVID in the AE500's menu. My PS3 works on one but not the second, try switching to the other? I think one is intended for PC's & the other for a video source?

:eek:

I have tried it on my TV which also has a DVI connection and that works fine. I've tried both EDID settings, EDID2 has nno picture and EDID1 is the one that drops the picture. I've tried 1080i and 720p and the same problem still exists. I'm still hoping its the cable and the projector is just a bit more sensitive than the TV. Just need to get my hands on another cable to test

Well DVI-DVI on my PC worls fine although thats EDID2 not 1.Maybe the firmware is corrupt on EDID1? Either way I won't know until I test with another HDMI cable, might go buy a cheap one today, I've got an HDMI to DVI adaptor somewhere so that should clarify what the problem is

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom