1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AE500 brightness

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mrwhippy, Feb 3, 2004.

1. mrwhippy

mrwhippy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am almost at the point of actually making a decision about buying a projector

I am leaning towards the Panasonic AE500 due to the price, WXGA, smoothscreen, SCART etc and positive reviews on projectorcentral and cine4home.de.

The only item that really concerns me is the brightness performance.

My set-up details are as follows,

14’ seating distance
    8’ width screen preferred after trying a friends Optoma ezpro750 out in the room
    Fairly light décor, as this is our living room (white 8’ ceiling, mushroom walls, dark terracotta carpet)
    Good light control (blackout blinds)

I am also tempted to try a grey screen such as the Da-lite HCCV due to the light room décor (which is not changeable!!!)

Basically, can anyone who owns / has seen this projector in a representative set-up comment on whether they think it will be bright enough for my application? (The Optomo did look plenty bright enough).

2. b6b6

b6b6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also been considering the AE500 but have concerns about the brightness too. I am going for the Epson TW200 instead. Same LCD panels but brighter and with a better warranty.

3. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    If you have a light controlled room (blackout blinds ect.) you will have no worries.

I have a 300 and a 8 ft screen and sit about 18 ft away. My room is light coloured and light controlled and I am more than happy.

This my my room:

Attached Files: