1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AE500 and 750P?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stripe, Apr 10, 2005.

1. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Hi Guys

I've just put the finishing touches to my HTPC and I'm running a Raedon 9600 using Powerstrip at 1280 x 720 @ 50Hz and it does look pretty fantastic playing movies through TT. But out of curiosity I had a look at the picture setting on the PJ (panasonic PT AE500) and it is saying the input is 750P/50.

What does this mean and how do I get it to display the correct input? Admittedly I have never played about with the PJ as I have been always happy with the picture straight out of the box, but as I am in the middle of converting my garage to a home cinema, I would love to have everything running perfectly.

Thanks

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    AFAIK 750p is the old terminology for the 720p signal.

I've read elsewhere that 750p refers to the analogue version of digital 720p, but I'm not sure if this distinction is official or not.

I really wouldn't worry about it - as far as you are concerned, it's the same signal!
    It's similar I suppose to using 525p for NTSC and 625p for PAL (which are more commonly referred to now as just 480p and 576p, as that's the active part of the respective images)

3. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Thanks Mike.

I don't know if it make any difference but I'm using DVI to connect them together, to keep the signal digital.

4. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    750p@50hz is if i can remember right the best quality you will get from the ae500 for pal material there was some posts on this matter from a member called "nodad" try a search for his posts might help. Mike

5. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Thanks guys, I found the posts from nodad, but inthe thread he was talking about the ideal input being 720/wide but he didn't follow it up as if he managed it or if he did, how he got there.