1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AE400 on the way.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by theritz, Aug 4, 2003.

1. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    There's very little info to be found on the 'net, but have a look here - the "Ritz" reference is nothing to do with me, BTW!!:D

Picked up from AVSforum, I doubt that this is vapourware, but you never know.... A late Nov 2003 launch should mean an announcement at Cedia next month, hopefully.

1280x720 (epson panels ??) and 1000:1 CR sounds promising, and would be a logical upgrade on the AE300, hope for 1:1 mapping via DVI, - the 200 would probably remain as entry model.

Any "insider" knowledge out there ??

Sean G.

The Ritz might even consider an upgrade !!!

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl:

Educated guesswork (& pretty poor at that) IMO.

Maybe it's an AE400. No, it's gonna be an AE500 :rotfl:

Should have 'em next year - so only 6 months, yes, 6 months to wait.

Strange that any "dealer" should include this type of "speculation" on their site :confused: Certainly not for sales with an expected date of "end of December"......

I reckon the AE600 is the one to wait for.........1920x1080 (tentative)......5000:1 CR(tentative).....2500 Lumens(tentative).....

:rotfl:

3. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There might be some truth in that information...

I might be wrong, but clawdaddy from Ritzav was the first to make a review on AE200 & AE300 on Avs last year.

From what I remember, his review came out well before they appeared on the market in Japan (I guess he saw some prototypes at Panasonic).

I'm not even sure if AE200 and AE300 have been at Cedia last year... So, it cannot be sure AE400 will be at Cedia this year (just my opinion)

All the Best,

Julia:hiya:

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Julia,

Yip, he reviewed the AE100, 200 and 300 at Panasonic in Osaka in October 2002, well before the 200/300 were released for commecial sales. It's curious that he hasn't posted on AVS about this, given that it's being carried on their site, maybe it's got something to do with Alan Gouger's sensitivity about any mention of other av dealers on that forum.

The absence of any mention of the development anywhere else on the net is a bit surprising - I think it unlikely that RitzAV would put this up as a "spoof" - one would think that would simply militate against sales of the AE300. Their site also lists the AE200 as "discontinued" - also surprising.

Maybe more info will emerge - maybe not !!

Sean G.

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just received the following in an email from Dan Clawson (Clawdaddy on avsforum) - seems like it's not vapourware .......................

Sean G.

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    In response to a query about 1:1 via DVI, Dan sent me this response:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see - certainly the queries on 1:1 pixel matching the AE300 hasn't elicited and response from Panasonics engineers, judging by posts on the issue over on avs.

Sean G.

7. Julia

Julia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sean,

Many Thanks for the additional info!:smashin:

Still, it's a pity there's no 1:1 on AE300 and no chance of any firmware update either:( (started to have some hopes again when I saw that the D1/AE300 problems have been solved on Avs...).

AE500 sounds smashing... I wonder if it will have the same smoothscreen technology...

Keep those exciting news coming, Sean!

All the Best,

Julia:hiya:

8. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Nothing more emerging, it seems, although clawdaddy has "gone public" on over on avs, defending the story stoutly to nay-sayers.

A quick email from Kaneda yielded no additional info from Pricejapan, he was aware of the story on avs, but they hear of new projectors through official announcements.

I guess we'll have to wait until November to see if it emerges on Pricejapan in the same way as the AE200/300 did last year.

Sean G.