1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AE300 service menu required

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr.D, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Hello

I promised a mate i'd have a go at calibrating his ae300 . I need access to the RGB bias and gain controls usually found in the service menu. I've had a look at the popular service menu entry procedure people use to fix vertical banding but this menu from what I can gather doesn't seem to offer the RGB bias and gain controls ( might be called cut-off and drive or even RGBbrightness and contrast or high and low).

Thanks in advance.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Keith,

Afaik access to RGB Gain and Bias is via proprietary software and a connector which has to be plugged into the innards of the projector - this is the case on the AE100 (the instructions for the menus is in the AE100 service manual)and I'm virtually certain the same is the case with the AE300 - I can recall having seen the same stuff in the AE300's service manual, but haven't kept a copy to confirm right now.

If you can locate an AE300 service manual, I think it will confirm the above.

Regards,

S.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    yep I suspected this. Although you can access the R and B bias and gain using dvi ( I think). This could be enough to calibrate it with a filter in place ( use contrast to set green to below clip and then ramp back on the red and blue shoudl give the desired effect. Useless as no-one uses dvi with this projector of course!