1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AE200 Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Squirtle, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Squirtle

Squirtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, hello, first post here. Searched but couldn't find the answer to this, but apologies if it is covered elsewhere.

So my projector - as stated the AE200 - has developed three light spots that are only visible when the screen is dark. I think it's dust inside the lens that is causing the problem. But anyone know how I go about fixing it? Is their a quick fix solution or is it due a call to Panasonic and a trip to an authorised service centre to get it sorted?

Anyone?

2. dek1965

dek1965

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    they will be dust blobs - use search (dust blobs) there is loads of info and some guides on how to clean the panels on your pj

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    are they spots or blobs? If it is a sharp and small spot, then it is a faulty pixel, if it is a less defined blob, then it is dust. The former is something you ant do anything about, the later you can find methods using search :)

ad

4. Squirtle

Squirtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. Cheers, guys.

I didn't know how to describe them, so never searched under the phrase dust blobs. ;)

Will do so now, though.

5. Michaeln

Michaeln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My PTAE200E had the same problem caused by dust blobls. If its still under guarantee then e-mail panasonic like I did. They arranged collection within two days , cleaned the LCD panels and lenses and it was couriered back to me a week later. Superb custome care !

6. BigB@dJ@y

BigB@dJ@y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mine has just developed dust blobs so I took it up to Discount Electrical and got Ben to clean it for me...got home and its exactly the same!! May have to contact panasonic direct but dont want to be without my PJ during the footy!! I bought my PJ last november (just over 230hrs) so it will still be under warranty. Wont Panasonic just tell me to sort it out with the dealer?