Panasonic AE100E RIP

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Splice, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,

Well its a week today since Panasonic picked up my faulty AE100, and they have now notiified me to confirm a convergence fault but could not confirm the led of death fault, as it ran fault free(Suprise suprise) for 8 hours on there bench. So i now have to get it refunded from my dealer, once they have been credited back with the money from Panasonic.GOD!! what a lot of agro.
    Now i am in a bit of a quandry. i have set up my front room for the pannny ie. (short throw projection), i have no panny, i have no money (till they put it back on my card) and I now have serious reservations as to whether i should go and buy another one......I mean I REALLY!!! love the picture on this machine, I just want it to function correctly, is that to much to ask. If i don't go for another Panny then what else will give me such a great picture for the money, and most importantly what else will have a short throw lens so as to fill up my screen over such a short throw. I cant move things around in the front room again, besides theres no other layout i can use. HELP!!!

All the best.......Splice.

PS. As much as I hate to say it, I guess you will have to take me off your list Tim, all be it for the time being.:confused:

2. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    yeah ive just recently got mine all sorted in my living romm,ive got a 40mm hole in my bloody newly plastered ceiling:rolleyes:

decisions,decisions

carl

3. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Carl,
    you think you have problems, I have a 6' mdf screen screwed to the wall (Complete with curtains) not to mention the shelves i have put up for the projector, and the pc sitting next to my sofa thats fully configured for the panny, and NO PANNY. and No [email protected]#y picture to look at.

All the best......Splice.;)

4. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi carl,
    Almost forgot... a nice shiny new radeon 7200 which i recieved yesterday. another £65.

All the best.....Splice.:confused:

5. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Splice

nightmare:eek:

do you think panasonic will do a recall,once they have sussed what these probs are(i assume they already know theres a problem).
    must be above 25% now with defected matchines.whitch is very high.

carl :confused:

6. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Carl,

I doubt they will recall, at the moment anyhow. After speaking with Panasonic it seems that they are not getting a high rate of returns. I think the problem is that so many people on this forum and AVS across the pond, have the panny, therefore it seems like theres a higher percentage going wrong than there actually is. Only time will tell.

All the best....Splice.;)

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Splice,

I must sympathise, but, IMO, there is no alternative at the moment. It looks like you've been unlucky to receive 2 bad units. The poll would suggest 2 from every 8 units have problems, but this includes pixel probs etc..

I'd estimate the "red LED of death" affects less than 1 in 25 units!

Sorry I can't profer anything more than this, but I need to have my unit exchanged for a pixel problem, & I couldn't bear be without my AE-100, even for 1 night!

My advice - throw the dice again. You can't be that unlucky again;)

8. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, the shop assure me they have credited the wonga back on the card (takes upto 5 days to show on the card) strange how when they debit its almost before you leave the shop.
    Anyway i need another projector NOW!!!, i mean after 9 days without a projector i'm almos beginning to pretend theres a picture on the screen thats SCREWED!! to my wall in my FRONT ROOM!!!! right next to my paltry 32" tv see picture and you will see what i mean. where can I buy one from thats A: local to bucks. B: I can check for duff pixels or other probs c: the dealers wrapping it up before i've even said i'll have it (anyone thats shopped in tottenham court road will probably know what I mean). and D: Wont cost me anymore than the £1349 I paid for the one thats just gone to join the scrap heap.
    :confused:

Attached Files:

9. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Silly me almost forgot........

All the best..... Splice:D